2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 32Register Today!
- Dec 3, '12 by kdiemBardone, I also took an online Lifespan Development class with the Peralta Community College. I enjoyed that class!
- Dec 3, '12 by samiam424I am new to this forum, but I have been reading all of your posts for the last week and realized that I would benefit from asking a few questions.
I'll just go one question at a time. My most pressing question is how I stand currently. I've submitted most of my applications so far and I KNOW that it depends on the applicant pool which can vary from year to year, but since I don't know ANYONE else applying to programs like me, it's been hard to determine if I've applied to schools way out of my league or maybe haven't challenged myself enough. Here are my stats - I know you all aren't professionals on this, but you seem to have done enough research that I am confident any and all advice would be helpful!
GPA: 3.40 (currently finishing my undergrad in Bioethics)
GRE: 158 in both Verbal and Math
Full-time summer internship in Endoscopy at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Currently volunteering at hospice inpatient unit
Spent this past summer and this semester loading on extra classes to finish prerequisites - all As except 1 B+ in HA&PI
I really appreciate any of your thoughts about this or what you think I can do in the meantime to improve my application in the event that I am not accepted somewhere.
- hey kdiem! I'm doing an in-person interview on the 10th as well for the Peds NP program. Would love to meet up too!
- Dec 3, '12 by hopefulnurse24I took Developmental Psychology online through Brevard Community College. It wasn't bad at all and was completely online!
- Hey soushii and adt,
I got an email this morning with details on my interview schedule for the Peds Primary Care NP, only it was addressed to someone else! I emailed Filomena and then she sent me the correct schedule. Based on those 2 emails, it looks like all of us will be interviewing between 8am-11am (my specific slot is at 8:30am), and then the rest of the day includes a campus tour and lunch which I'm assuming will be with everyone who is interviewing that day. See you guys in a week!Last edit by sarahcee on Dec 3, '12
- JUST finished reading through everything! Wow thank you to everyone for all of your helpful posts, esp mz_marit! If anyone is interested in meeting up on the 10th after all of our activities, I would love that!
- Dec 3, '12 by adt913Quote from sarahceeI would love to meet up!!JUST finished reading through everything! Wow thank you to everyone for all of your helpful posts, esp mz_marit! If anyone is interested in meeting up on the 10th after all of our activities, I would love that!
- Dec 3, '12 by kdiemHey Sarahcee! Salinn and I are planning to meet up on 12/9 for dinner. She has her interview at 8:45am and mine is at 11am. So maybe we can do an early dinner? PM me!
- Dec 3, '12 by norynne328Hey everyone, I've been reading this board for awhile now and finally decided to make an account. I'm excited for interview day. I'm interviewing on Monday afternoon for Pediatric Primary NP. Thanks to everyone who has been posting asking questions, answering questions, and sharing their experiences - it has been really helpful!
- Dec 4, '12 by bardoneThanks salinn, kdiem, and hopefulnurse for the suggestions! I'm planning my spring school schedule now.