2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - Page 24Register Today!
- Nov 15, '12 by cjacobs2The support on this thread is overwhelming. I'd be honored to have you all as colleagues!
- Nov 15, '12 by PNPhopefulI agree 100%! You are all such amazing people and I know any school is going to be lucky to have you guys as their students So wherever we end up, just know it happened for a reason and we will be amazing nurses and health care providers no matter what!!
- I did a phone interview - they weigh both equally because they understand not everyone can make it out, especially if you are doing pre-reqs and have finals that week (as I did last year!). So whatever works for you is best. I think they rely on some people doing phone interviews because 120 in persons would be hard!
- lots of midwifery students are doing both WHNP and midwifery. I don't know a lot about the midwifery program but the women in my cohort who are doing it are *amazing* so no doubt they will make it as great as it is - stellar faculty as far as i know also.
- I didn't visit philly until I started the program in June. sort of a gamble, but it's a GREAT city!!!!! of course it makes sense to visit beforehand, but totally do what's best for you $$ wise and read up on the city, chat with current students, etc. If you're a city person, you'll like philly I think. West philly to me feels so much like the bay area/oakland/berkeley (like further away from campus, really hits close to home, which is nice. I'm west coast born & raised seattle to bay area).
- Nov 15, '12 by meep05Thank you so much for the advice! I have been to philly and I am originally from the east coast so I think if they honestly weigh the phone and in person interview the same I am going to save my pennies and do the phone interview. Hopefully ill be able to do the skype interview that some of you were talking about
- Nov 16, '12 by kdiemThat's great to hear that Philly is similar to Bay Area/Oakland/Berkeley!! I was born and raised in the Bay Area (East bay) and went to school in Berkeley so that sounds awesome. I love the Bay
Soooo.... anyone doing an in-person interview on Dec 10th? Let's meet up!
And YES I love the support on this thread
- Nov 16, '12 by adt913Lets meet up where is everyone staying? I booked my flight but not my hotel yet! Any suggestions?
- Nov 16, '12 by KoKeHey Atomicgirl--
I planning on opting for the in-person interview for psych on December 7th. Where are you planning on staying? How long are you going to be in PA for?
- Nov 16, '12 by maspsu08I'm opting for the in-person interview on Dec. 10th.
Do any current students know if it's safe to walk from 30th Street Station to the campus? I'm taking a train from Lancaster, PA. Don't know if walking is OK or if I should catch a cab.