2013 UPenn BSN/MSN Applicants - page 24
by kdiem 114,530 Views | 660 Comments
Hi Everyone! This topic thread is for those applying to UPENN BSN/MSN program summer 2013. I hope we can create a support network here! I will be applying to the nurse-midwifery and WHNP program and have begun writing my... Read More
- 2Nov 15, '12 by PNPhopefulI agree 100%! You are all such amazing people and I know any school is going to be lucky to have you guys as their students So wherever we end up, just know it happened for a reason and we will be amazing nurses and health care providers no matter what!!
- 1I did a phone interview - they weigh both equally because they understand not everyone can make it out, especially if you are doing pre-reqs and have finals that week (as I did last year!). So whatever works for you is best. I think they rely on some people doing phone interviews because 120 in persons would be hard!
- 0I didn't visit philly until I started the program in June. sort of a gamble, but it's a GREAT city!!!!! of course it makes sense to visit beforehand, but totally do what's best for you $$ wise and read up on the city, chat with current students, etc. If you're a city person, you'll like philly I think. West philly to me feels so much like the bay area/oakland/berkeley (like further away from campus, really hits close to home, which is nice. I'm west coast born & raised seattle to bay area).
- 0Nov 15, '12 by meep05Thank you so much for the advice! I have been to philly and I am originally from the east coast so I think if they honestly weigh the phone and in person interview the same I am going to save my pennies and do the phone interview. Hopefully ill be able to do the skype interview that some of you were talking about
- 0Nov 16, '12 by kdiemThat's great to hear that Philly is similar to Bay Area/Oakland/Berkeley!! I was born and raised in the Bay Area (East bay) and went to school in Berkeley so that sounds awesome. I love the Bay
Soooo.... anyone doing an in-person interview on Dec 10th? Let's meet up!
And YES I love the support on this thread