Fairly new RN lands PICU!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Fairly new RN lands PICU! in PICU Nursing / Pediatric, part of Critical Care Nursing ... Hi all!! I am soooooooooo excited! I was offered a PICU position at an amazing children's...by alizae06 Aug 6, '10Hi all!!
I am soooooooooo excited! I was offered a PICU position at an amazing children's hospital. I start next month. I can't wait. Just wanted to spread the news! I'll be relocating in a few weeks.
For those of you still looking for work, don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. I'm relocating far from home for the opportunity. Just keep looking, and something will turn up!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=496224©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,421 Views
- Aug 8, '10 by JenRN30That's awesome! Congrats to you!
- Aug 9, '10 by alizae06thanks!
- Aug 18, '10 by BayareaRNBSNCongratulations!!! It's always exciting to hear a new grad getting a job. I have an interview with a PICU next week. Any advice on what to study before the interview?? I'm also a new grad.
Also.. would you mind sharing which hospital? You can PM me if you don't want to share publicly.
- Aug 19, '10 by alizae06Actually, there weren't any questions asked that I would've needed to study for. The interview was more behavioural-bsed. I also interviewed for a NICU position at a diff hospital, and I wasn't asked any clinical questions. The mgr gave a unit tour and was telling me about diff conditions they treat and then would say, "I don't know if you know or heard of what xyz is, but its __________". I wasn't expected to know anything.
I can only tell you to research the hospital you're interviewing with. Make sure you know why you want to work there. What do you bring to the table? They know you'll get experience from them, but what will they get from you?
Hope this helps.
- Aug 19, '10 by janfrnBayArea, there are a number of threads stuck to the home page for this forum that offer interviewing tips for PICU. Maybe you could check them out.