Jefferson FACT 2012
- 0Jun 3, '11 by mrs.tyHello all!
I am so glad I was directed to this discussion forum. I believe it is a great place to share and learn. I am extremely interested in Jefferson's FACT program. I plan to apply for May 2012. I just wanted to reach out to anyone with similar interest and your thoughts on the process. I would like to know who else plans to apply for May 2012 and if your pre-req's have been completed.
Just to share a little about myself, I am completing my BS in Public Health at an online University (3 weeks left!) and have all the pre-req's completed. I am just excited about this next journey.
I also love how Jefferson FACT students automatically are accepted into the MSN program. My goal is to become a Women's Health NP, and Jefferson seems to be the way to go.
I would also love to hear from current students as well.
- 55,095 Visits
- 0Jun 5, '11 by mrs.tyThank you very much for the insight! I plan to apply as early as possible. I am just not sure of the earliest I c an apply. I'm ready to apply now actually! ( I'm so excited!) And I have all of my pre-reqs complete!
Has it been difficult to study for so many classes and do you plan to matriculate into the masters program? Did they offer you any financial help? I will have to stop working to do this program and that means less income to go towards my bills.
- 0Jun 6, '11 by MissT19They ease you into the classes so you wont have all of them on day one. This is the first week we will have all the classes. Its difficult to keep up with the readings but its not impossible. Im not sure if I'm going into the masters program right away... I will have to wait and see and I did not get any financial aid but a few people did get help.
You can apply the end of August/ beginning of september.
Hope this helps!
- 0Jun 7, '11 by kdrose01I'm also a current FACT student. I live on my own, am single, and saved and saved for this program. I worked full-time (long hours) and went to school part-time while completing the prereqs, so I had a few years worth of savings put aside to support myself. I think other people have parents to help, spouses to help, or are single and living off loans. Everyone's different.
The work has really picked up this week, so you probably won't see us on here too much now.
- 0Jun 8, '11 by tootsie2184You sound like my twin! That is great! I am actually in an undergrad program in Public health as well. Where do you go to school at? I noticed you said online, and I have searched high and low for a school like that in public health!! I go to west chester university and hope to apply for FACT and the WCU program. Please let me know, thanks!
- 0Jul 2, '11 by Fancy84I'm also looking to apply to the FACT program for May 2012. I taking my A&P 1 &2 this summer. the only pre-req that i won't have in time to submit my app will be nutrition.
I have a BS in Biology so that took care of a lot of the pre-reqs they're asking for.
I'm also planning on taking the MAT even though i met the minimum requirement needed to avoid submitting MAT or GRE scores...barely met it. I'm starting to work on my essay right now and have started thinking of people to ask for reco letters.
I have a very tight summer schedule and i will be travelling out of the country end of August till Sept 11 and i believe the first review deadline is Sept 15th so i need to have everything ready to send off before i travel.
My goal is to become a NP but i am open minded about what specific specialty i would like to go into. I'm doing heavy research on NP roles because this is a "second career" and i want to guarantee as much as i can that i am making the right decision