Drexel Nursing ACE Program Fall 2013 - page 5
by MsDooyah 49,248 Views | 155 Comments
HI guys, so I am very new to this but I am EXTREMELY anxious about getting accepted into this program for the Fall. I have a Public Health Degree and have quite some experience in the Health field (ie. hospitals, senior living... Read More
- 1Dec 11, '12 by stangswimmer07Found out today I got into Drexel's Fall 2013 ACE Program. Submitted my application mid-September and had a 3.3 undergrad gap and a 3.8 for the last 60 credits. Most pre-reqs were already done. I graduated from the University of Maryland with a BS in Kinesiology and worked as an athletic trainer for a bit. Can't wait to meet everyone in the program!
- 0Dec 12, '12 by chessi89Hi! I applied for Spring 2013 around September. I got my acceptance sometime in November. I had to defer for Fall 2013 because of the Ethics class that I still have to take. Also, I just felt a bit rushed and there are so many other requirements (immunizations, background checks, etc.) that need to be met some months before the program actually starts. I am extremely excited about the program. I can't wait to meet everyone in the fall. Good luck to those still waiting on decisions. Also, there are Facebook groups for the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 cohorts. You can find a lot of helpful info on the pages as well as communicate with other students. I'm currently living in Baltimore, MD. If anyone is in MD and whats connect or whatever, feel free to hit me up. Okay, I'm done!
- 0Hi, I also applied to the fall 2013 ACE program...app. was complete mid Sept.....still waiting to hear. My main concern is not being able to find a job when we get out. I know several people that just can't find work. Does anyone know what Drexel's employment rate after graduation is? Also, I have 2 kids, ages 9 and 18mos. I am concerned w/the intensity of the program. If I get accepted, I may defer to spring '14. Not sure...just hoping I get in at this point.
- 0Dec 13, '12 by pmnguyen027Hey guys! I e-mailed Evan a week ago and he sent me an e-mail back to me this afternoon saying that my application was in the queue to be reviewed next week. A few hours later, I checked Discover Drexel (just because I've made a habit of it) and found out that I was accepted!! I posted my stats earlier, but for those who didn't see it, I have a 3.39 undergrad GPA and a 3.6 in my last 60 credits. Good luck everyone!!
- 0Dec 13, '12 by ashley_nicoleQuote from nursemommy2The general consensus on this forum is that it doesn't matter where you go for nursing school, your degree is what matters (BSN is becomming the preferred degree for employment). It seems that the opinion here is that employers only see the endpoint, which is RN BSN and that's all that matters to them.I am not sure if reading all the posts from former ACE applicants is helpful or harmful. I am also applying to UMDNJ....but don't know if I will have the same chance of getting a job.
However, on the Drexel ACE general facebook group, I have seen that Drexel nursing students are well regarded (in the area atleast) and some tend to get jobs fairly quickly after graduation.