Drexel Nursing ACE Program Fall 2013 - page 4
by MsDooyah | 50,320 Views | 155 Comments
HI guys, so I am very new to this but I am EXTREMELY anxious about getting accepted into this program for the Fall. I have a Public Health Degree and have quite some experience in the Health field (ie. hospitals, senior living... Read More
- 0Dec 3, '12 by pmnguyen027I applied at the end of September and haven't heard back yet either.
Here are a few of my stats--
Undergrad GPA: 3.39 (Virginia Tech)
GPA in my last 60 credits: 3.56
All of my pre-req's have been completed except for the computer one (with all A's and a few B's)
Experience: a few hundred volunteer hours (I'm part of a community service sorority) and a nursing internship at the NIH
What do you guys think my chances of getting accepted are? I'm so nervous!
Congrats to the people who have gotten in and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!
- 0Dec 4, '12 by ashley_nicoleYour chances sound really great!! Hopefully you should be hearing from them any day now, it seems like a lot of students heard back around December/January. Keep checking Discover Drexel though, my portal was the first thing to change (I got a decision email a week or so after I found out about my acceptance on discover Drexel). Good luck!!
- 1Dec 4, '12 by scy5016Hello everyone! I just found out today that I was accepted to the ACE program for Fall 2013. I am currently a Biobehavioral Health major at Penn State and will be graduating in May 2013. I still have 1 prerequisite to complete before the start of the program -- developmental psych. My undergraduate GPA is a 3.73, my GPA for my last 60 credits is a 3.8 and my prerequisite GPA is a 3.7. I completed my application back in April, however, I had to re-submit an updated transcript at the beginning of November. Hopefully this information will help you guys out who are still waiting to hear back. I actually called yesterday to ask when I would expect to hear back with a decision and the advisor I talked to told me he would forward my application to the board right away, so I would recommend calling Drexel if you applied a while ago and are super anxious!
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the Fall 2013 class? If not we should make one so that way we can ask questions and communicate on there as well!
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to all who are still waiting to hear back!!
- 0Dec 5, '12 by ms_lewisHey pmnguyen027 !
Your stats are amazing, and I think you should no have problem getting in! Make sure to call Evan, or send him an email, he was great throughout this whole process. I applied back in August and sent him an email in ealry October asking when we would here back, he responded immediately stating "we are aiming to have as many decisions sent out before the break)! Also along with my application I sent in a letter of recommendation and a one page mini essay (although they did not ask for any of these things). I heard back on November 26th, so I waited just about 4 and a half months. You should be hearing back shortly I think, Evan did say they were aiming to have many decisions sent out prior to the winter break so you have more than enough time to hear back.
Good luck !
- 1Dec 6, '12 by erg3149Hi everyone,
I just found out this morning that I was accepted. If anyone is waiting around and hasn't been in touch with Evan or Fran since they submitted their application, I would recommend following up with them (I think it reiterates your interest and lets them know that you are serious about the program) to make sure everything is in order. My Discover Drexel status kept changing from complete to incomplete, so I emailed Evan last night and by about 9 am this morning he responded and a few minutes later it changed to accepted. Anyway, for those interested, here are my stats:
Undergrad gpa: 2.9 cumulative (Miami Univ; Psychology)
Graduate/last 60 hours gpa: 4.0 cumulative (Towson Univ; Clinical Psychology)
I did not submit any LORs or write an admissions essay. For those worried about their undergraduate gpa's, I hope this gives you a bit of relief (I was really anxious about mine).
Best of luck to all those waiting to hear back!
- 0Dec 6, '12 by cristyacHi everyone,
I know alot of people are still waiting for admissions decisions so I wanted to post in hopes of helping out with some of my info. I found out this afternoon around 1:00 that I was accepted to Drexel for fall 2013!!! I have a 3.0 undergrad, a 3.91 grad, a 3.67 last 60 credits and a 3.6 pre-req gpa. Both my undergrad and grad degrees are in Education and I have been an 8th grade mathematics teacher for the last few years. I have been volunteering at a hospital in Philadelphia for about 6 months now too. I also submitted letters of rec. and an essay even though it was not required.
I emailed Evan and he has been a wonderful help so I recommend doing so if you have any questions about anything at all!!!
I too had been stalking the Drexel portal everyday, a million times a day waiting for a decision. I hope some of you get your decision soon and I am wishing you all the best. I look forward to meeting alot of you soon!
Good Luck to everyone!!
- 0Dec 7, '12 by cureacHi everyone! I called the office of admissions and they transfered me to Evan. He said that they're currently going through applications from september and they are trying to get as many as they can done before winter break. He said that those who applied in october should expect hearing back at the end of december or early january. Hope this helps.
- 0Dec 10, '12 by p.runnerHi everyone!
Just wanted to send a quick message that I found out I got in on Thursday!!! I'm a senior at Ohio State studying Human Nutrition, so I am still deciding between a few other programs in Ohio. I was not expecting to get in because some of my science classes were not A's, but I'm very excited!!!!! I would love to try something new and move to Philadelphia!