You know you are a pediatric nurse when... - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 17, '12 by perfectbluebuildingsAwesome replies! I knew I was not the only one... but it makes me feel better to hear it from the rest of you
Let's keep this going- it's a fun distraction during RSV/flu season!
-speaking of which-
...you have ever wished for a BBG to use at home when YOU get a cold!!Last edit by perfectbluebuildings on Mar 17, '12
- Mar 30, '12 by canned_bread...When you apply a bandaid to an adult at home and ask them what they want you to draw on the bandaid...
- May 5, '12 by FutureNurse2BYou know your a pediatric nurse when.....
you hear a kid coughing in a restaurant/grocery store/ etc and you immediately think to yourself "oh no......I wonder how long that kid has had that cough. Wheres the hand sanitizer"
- May 5, '12 by nursel56Quote from Ashley, PICU RNBut the babies sporting half a Dixie cup over the butterfly made them look so darn cute! Like wooh said, party hats!Haha. :-) But actually, I've never inserted a scalp IV, and I've only ever seen one. It was on a chronically ill child with extremely poor access. We don't use scalp IV's unless there is truly no other alternative. They don't tend to last very long and can you imagine an infiltration injury in the scalp? It's one thing to have an extravasation scar on the hand, but on the face?
You know you're a peds nurse when you become so comfortable handling babies and burping in various positions that when you "sit" your own chid supported by your hand under his chest your mother-in-law exclaims "it seems like he could hardly survive that!" Seriously, I thought she might sneak off and call CPS on me. lol
- May 6, '12 by smurfynurseySo I work with a little girl on the weekends (day home health) that has 5 brothers and sisters. Today, the two oldest youngest (my pt is the youngest) were looking at the book of world records. One of the first pictures was the lady with the longest recorded toungue in the world. Their response?
Oh, I bet she could eat lots of ice cream cones
Thought y'all would enjoy
Dont'cha just love peds?
- May 7, '12 by ShantheRNThese are great!
I have a moment every time Dora comes on. I can be in a store, someone's house, doesn't matter.....when the flipping backpack song, or even worse...."We did it!" starts playing, I have to forcibly stop myself from dancing and singing along. Sometimes I think Dora is the devil, but it puts kids into a happy trance lol The we did it song is great encouragement for getting a stubborn 3 year old to take their meds.
Ugh. Now it's stuck in my head. We did it, we did it, we did it, yeah!