Seeking Peds ER positionRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Seeking Peds ER position in Pediatric Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Greetings, I've finally made the decision to leave the Bay Area in order to pursue my dream of...by MachoNurse Oct 24, '11Greetings,
I've finally made the decision to leave the Bay Area in order to pursue my dream of becoming a pediatric ER nurse. I have one year's experience in pediatric med/surg, and six months of short-term pediatric clinical assignments.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any children's hospitals that would hire someone with my experience. I would love to get a new grad position, but know I may be "over-qualified" for that. Any details you can provide about the hospital, the ED, your personal experience there would be most appreciated!
And if you're an ED manager, even better ;-)
Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=632843©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,140 Views
- Feb 14, '12 by danceluverdid you ever find a job in peds ER? How did the job search go?
- Feb 15, '12 by MachoNurseQuote from danceluverThanks for asking, Danceluver. I found a great job in the ED at Children's National Medical Center in DC. I landed a position in their Fellowship program, which is giving me a 14-week orientation with eight weeks of didactics. This is twice as much training as I received at my first two nursing jobs combined. It's about time! I'm finally feeling supported by my manager, and just in time. I was getting to throw in the towel on nursing.did you ever find a job in peds ER? How did the job search go?
Having survived two experiences of "nurses eat their young," I am committed to being a great preceptor and clinical instructor in the future.
How are things going for you?
- Feb 15, '12 by danceluver@ El Macho
Thanks for writing back. Its so inspiring that you got such a job! As for me, i'm just beginning my nursing journey and hope when I graduate i will be able to work in a Peds ER right off the bat.
Do you have any suggestions for me when looking for that peds ER job? Is it best to go the residency/fellowship route like you did as a new grad so I can get my foot in the door? Or pursue another field and get experience first?
I think i'd love that type of orientation, guidance and instruction before starting such an amazing job! What are some of the daily tasks you perform at your job? I am hoping to follow up with a masters and possibly continue to work in the ER as an NP possibly.
I agree, I hope in the future as well to become an educator, so I hope I have positive experiences myself in the future
- Jul 17, '12 by RN_TCHi, I came across this thread and wanted to ask a few questions. I am interested in getting into peds and particularly interested in the peds ER at CNMC? What has your experience been like at CNMC? Are they hiring? What is a typical day like (if that exists)? I wouldn't qualify for new grad positions as I have almost three years of nursing experience, so I am wondering what would the orientation be like for a nurse like me? I have trauma, infectious disease and community health experience, but no ER or peds experience. Any advice or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
- Jul 19, '12 by jazzyrn2013Hello there friends. I am a pediatric nurse with 4 years experience, I have completed a 22 week peds residency program and have relocated to Miami, FL. I have been desperatly trying to find a job with NO luck. Any suggestions????
- Jul 30, '12 by ZooMommyRNI relocated to MI for a position in the new Peds ER at U of M and couldn't be happier, I also have friends that did the Opposite and moved to FL to work at Arnold Palmer, how far are you willing to go? I ended up with a 9$ hr raise and cheaper cost of living, even with an hour commute.