pediatric ceus, where?Register Today!
- by anangelsmommy Feb 6, '12i am having a hard time finding ceu's specifically for pediatrics. I did take one course and that was fantastic. But since then everything else has been just general courses. Can you tell me if you are getting specific courses in pediatrics, and if so, where you are getting them? and if you are taking a seminar, where did you take it, and what on?
- Feb 7, '12 by ~PedsRN~Are you a member of the Society of Pediatric Nurses? I would check into it if not... if I remember (I just joined) they have some CEUs!
- Feb 15, '12 by smurfynurseynurse.com has ceu's divided up by catagory. What specifically are you looking for? ones that are specific to kids or diseases common in peds? if you pay $40 a year you can take unlimited ceus that are 1 credit hour or less.
- Feb 16, '12 by anangelsmommydo you have to be a certified pediatric nurse to join? I am going to look into this! thank you! My goal is to eventually get my cert but right now I do not work enough hours.
- Feb 16, '12 by anangelsmommysmurnursey,
I get a lot of things sent to me but they havent been things that I would be interested in. I work with children only, almost all of them are children with severe disabilities, gtubes, jtubes, some ng, cofflator, oxygen, all have respiratory issues, some are trached and vented but I have already had those classes. but it never hurts to have a refresher. But it seems like if I check somewhere they have one class and its always something i dont want like, immunizations or what i found was a lot of sites want to you sign up for their site for a fee and let you take as many as you want but then only offer one or two pediatric courses. Not that other things wouldnt apply if they are really broad in subject but I really want things very specific. do you have anything in mind?
- Feb 16, '12 by smurfynurseyangelsmoommy,
I work with the same kind of kids you do. I havent found anything as specific as that but if I do I will let you know.