Codeine for toddler?Register Today!
- by thecooperhouse Aug 11, '12From my understanding drs aren't prescribing any cough/cold meds for under 4/6 year olds. Took my 16 month old to urgent care and the pa prescribed codiene cough syrup. I'm curious if other drs are prescribing it to little ones also. I haven't given it to him yet.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=770373©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 733 Views
- Aug 11, '12 by umcRNSounds like you should probably talk to his doctor if you are concerned.
- Aug 11, '12 by JolieDid you express your concern to the PA? If not, perhaps you can call back and discuss the rationale for this medication. Hope your little one feels better.
- Aug 12, '12 by woohAgree you should speak with your pediatrician. It's a rare occurrence, but occasionally they will prescribe a cough suppressant.
- Aug 12, '12 by Esme12we cannot offer medical advice as per the terms of service . your concerns need to be directed to your child's primary care provider/pediatrician. there is always someone on call for your child's doctor who can advise you or you can call the facility where you took your child for advice.
medical advice: allnurses.com, inc or it's members do not offer medical advice. any requests for such will be taken down. if you have a medical problem, please seek attention from your health care provider. you are not allowed to ask for medical advice related to a health situation that affects you, a family member, or someone you know.