Education for NEW CHF
- 0Mar 2, '09 by angle71054I work in CCU. My manager wanted me to start thinking about a collection of information that we could had a newly diagosed pt with CHF. Something that is easy to understand. To help the patient understand the new life altering situation but not to overwhelm them. If any one has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
- 4,299 Visits
- 0Mar 11, '10 by Lidlsadiehey! do you not have a chf booklet that you give your patients?
i work on telemetry & live and breathe chf i would be more than happy to help you with information!! i just don't want to reiterate if you already have a book made. here's a few topics off the top of my head. i'll have to look at work the next time i'm there for the rest:
1. what is chf
a) echocardiogram & ejection fraction, chest xray, bnp
4. signs and symptoms
5. when to consult a doctor
6. treatment (diuretics, oxygen, ace-inhibitor, k+, beta blockers, etc)
8. prevention of exacerbation:
a) daily weights
b) fluid restriction
c) low sodium diet
e) no smoking
let me know if you need more information or want me to go into detail with those! i'll look at our information when i work next (monday). let me know if you have any other questions!!
- 0Mar 23, '10 by NRSKarenRN Admincongestive heart failure education materials for patients
heart failure: medlineplus
simple explanation heart failure
ask your quality improvment department who your qio (quality improvment organizaion) is as they have free downloadable tools to use with patients. my homecare agency uses simiilar tool:
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0><tbody><tr><td height=3>
best of luck with your project!