OHSU's Accelerated BSN program 2012 - Page 7Register Today!
- Apr 10, '12 by pnlu007cool...so will you simply drop out the associate program and start ohsu if u get accepted?
Another week folks.
- Apr 10, '12 by pnlu007no kidding huh smallfry...they seemed to be pretty adamant about the time frame, so I'm thinking probably after sunday.
- Apr 10, '12 by rmfornursingpnlu007- Yea, I plan to drop out. Although now it seems things get even more uncertain because I start liking the program I am in now . But I wanna go to OHSU! >.< I really hope the letter'll have been here by this weekend!
- Apr 11, '12 by pnlu007its a hard decision...but with the trend in nursing...prolly makes more sense to go for the BSN when you can. I know the market for nurses right now is scary to say the least...but getting out and ready to work with a BSN by 2014 is my goal...Affordable Care Act goes into full effect in 2014 and 32 million more people will be insured...i anticipate new grad hiring will resume, with an advantage going to those with a BS...my two cents for what its worth.
- Apr 11, '12 by rmfornursingThank you so much pnlu007 for your two cents. Am looking forward to OHSU's decision!
- Apr 12, '12 by pnlu007hey guys, OHSU School of Nursing Twitter feed responded to my question regarding decision letters...will be sent out next week...they didn't indicate early week or late week tho...so no point in checking mail next few days...the wait continues!
- Apr 12, '12 by rmfornursingOh dear, another week! I was really expecting them to send the letter this week
- Apr 12, '12 by berkeleygirlWow, another week!? This is serious torture. Anyone know the class size for the absn program?
- Apr 12, '12 by pnlu007i know I am prolly a bit early for this question, but with the state of nursing demand I started doing research on jobs and such and trying to get an idea of what it will be like next year. It looks like some hospitals are ramping up there nursing residency programs for new grads again...but what I've found is that many of those programs begin in August, with application deadlines about April...This will likely exclude many people in June ABSN programs. Do you guys know anything about this stuff, or will we likely have to wait until the following year to have a crack at those programs. Im sure if the economy picks up and hospitals really need to hire, they will create and havve multiple starts...but as of now, from my research it looks like august...any thoughts?