Applicants to PDX area Nursing Schools 2010
- 0Feb 1, '10 by Rachel-EMTHi fellow applicants for 2010!!
I wanted to start a thread for all of us who are applying to various nursing schools in the area for 2010. I have applied to five different places: OHSU-Monmouth, University of Portland, Portland Community College, The University of Washington, and Boise State University. I wanted to cover myself and hopefully ensure that I would get in somewhere. I have a really good GPA and experience as an EMT-Basic so I am hoping that that will help my chances.
Just waiting it out until they send out notifications.....I just want to hear back!!!
Good luck to everyone who applied!
- 0Feb 4, '10 by Rachel-EMTOoh I hope you get in, what's your prior degree in? I haven't heard anything yet!! But I applied to OHSU's regular BSN program and technically their deadline hasn't even passed yet(February 16th). But I have been waiting to hear back from other schools for a while! Do you know around when you will hear anything? I've heard for the regular BSN it's like June 1st, seems like forever to wait!
- 0Feb 4, '10 by EFreyerI have a double major in Biology and Psychology.
I didn't know the other program's application deadline was so late! Good luck!
I'm really nervous, and its hard when they don't give you any kind of indication about how it's going. I think I'm supposed to hear from the PMHNP program by the end of the month/ beginning of March, and the ABS around the end of March, but I'm not sure. I don't think I got in to the PMHNP program though, because I got an email saying they were doing interviews on Jan. 27 and Feb 3rd and I wasn't invited to one.
Keep me posted on how your process is coming along and if you hear anything!
- 0Feb 8, '10 by Rachel-EMTiVanaBEEaRN-
Thanks for the advice!!
Yes I am also applying to Clackamas CC but their deadline isn't unitl April so I am kind of waiting to hear back from a few of my schools in March before I worry about that. And I did look into Mt. Hood but to be honest I really didn't like how they only give discretionary points to LPNs and CNAs and none to EMTs. All of the other OCNE schools do so I was a little put off, even though I am sure they are an excellent program and I should probably apply anyway! Just hurts my EMT pride i guess.... .
Anyway, what about you? Are you in a program already or applying?
- 0Feb 9, '10 by LoveMyBugsI am at PCC, so if you get into their program feel free to ask me any questions. I know that waiting for CCC was the longest, they didn't let me know untill the end of June when I applied and by then I had allready been accepted to PCC and gone to orientation, I didn't get into CCC, but it was my choice school because it was so close to my house, but I really like PCC.
- 0Feb 10, '10 by Rachel-EMTivanaBEEaRN-
Yeah PCC is definitely towards the top of my list of choices, I know a few other people who go their for Nursing and they have nothing but good things to say about it. I did my EMT courses at PCC-Cascade and visited Sylvania a few times and I just love that campus!! I really hope I get in, when you applied were they still doing the lottery?