Vocera goodies...Register Today!
- by brewerpaul Oct 22, '08When I first got a Vocera, people immediately showed me what happens when you tell it "Beam me up"
Yesterday, a co-worker accidently hit the button on her unit. Instead of saying "cancel" she said "goodbye"... Try it if you have a Vocera at work!
Darn Trekkie nerds...
Anyone discovered any other goodies?
- Oct 22, '08 by traumaRUsOkay - I gotta ask: what's a "vocera?"
- Oct 22, '08 by brewerpaulWhen it works, it's a cool device. You register your spoken name when you log on. Then, anyone just has to press one button on their unit, which prompts them for a name or desk. They say the name, and they get connected. Unfortunately, the voice recognition is not perfect. It'll take outside phone calls too.
It was apparently developed by a Star Trek fan. If you tell it "Beam me up", it plays a Trek style transporter sound. If you tell it "Goodbye" it responds with a Spock-like voice saying "Live long and prosper".
I've used those as a great icebreaker with nervous patients in the OR.
- Oct 22, '08 by psychonautSwear at it, that's good for a laugh...
- Oct 27, '08 by CIRQL8Say "turn on funny Geenie" when you're tired of it, say "turn off funny Geenie."
- Oct 30, '08 by brewerpaulQuote from CIRQL8That didn't work for me. I tried it repeatedly at all speeds and volumes. Might our OR administrators have removed that Easter Egg?Say "turn on funny Geenie" when you're tired of it, say "turn off funny Geenie."
Supposedly, saying "Beam me down" will bring on a reverse of the "Beam me up" sound, with a crash at the end, but that didn't work for me either.