New OR nurse here - Page 5Register Today!
- Mar 23, '11 by ALORNurseQuote from To Help and LearnCongratulations ALORNurse on getting the job! I hope that you are doing well. Thank you for you gave some good advice throughout the thread to new RN graduates looking to get into the OR. Wishing you nothing but the best in your career and in life!
Thank you so much! I am doing very well and I am still loving every day in the OR! I heard going into this that you either love it or hate it... an I guess I am one of the love its... I hope that any advice that I have given has been useful to someone else out there because I can honestly say that I could not imagine working anywhere else but the OR! And best of luck to you as well!!
- Mar 30, '11 by JTsurf86Congrats to all of the new graduates who are headed to the OR. I myself start on the 4th of April and can not wait. Its a residency program so this is their first time hiring new graduates in the Operating Room and i'm super stoked! I wish i hadn't wasted my first year after passing my boards going to PA school but fortunate that I landed this position. Def did not want the floor!
- Jan 23, '12 by RN SamI know this thread is almost a year old but TODAY I was offered a job as a new grad in the Peds OR! I just wanted to see how you guys first year on the job is going/get advice.
- Feb 22, '12 by CaliLvr000Congrats RN SAM!! The OR is a great place to be. I just read through this thread and saw my posts from when I first started. A full year later I still love the OR but I still learn a million things every day and I realize how much I still have to learn. I don't think I will feel comfortable for a while longer, but that's ok and it gets better every day. Just understand that you will feel like you don't know anything some days, but with time it will get much better!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!
- Feb 23, '12 by nightengalegoddessI posted an earlier thread about my Or internship interview. No replies from the community yet, but reading this thread has given me even more affirmative faith that seeking OR is my path! Thank you all!!!!
- Feb 25, '12 by ZeppelingirlI am currently doing my senior elective in an OR and absolutely love it. I do however feel like I am inconvienivcing everyone. Are those skills that take time...such as opening up instruments in the sterile field, prepping the patient, gowning up ...God it takes me forever! And of course I have contaminated a thing, or two or three and had to start over again. Advice, help, suggestions plz!!! and Congrats to all the new grads working in the OR! I hope to join you by May
- Feb 25, '12 by Derek1975I'm glad to see that it is possible to get into an OR Nurse position straight out of school, I'll know what I want to do for a clinical in my last year of school. I'm also considering ICU or something similar but I think I'd like working OR, especially in a Level I or II trauma center. But anywhere, really. What got me interested was taking a tour of the new OR in a hospital I volunteer with, and it was super nice!!