SFSU BSN Fall 2014 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by Echelon May 31Hello, I created this post to see the overall applicant pool applying on Fall 2013 for the academic year 2014-2015. I wanted to open a new thread for those of you who are planning to apply to the BSN prelincensure program to SFSU, to share additional information, support each other, and to see how fierce the competition will be for this upcoming academic year.
TEAS V Score:
I haven't finished all of the requirements but when I do I'll update it.
Overall GPA: 3.55
Prereq GPA: 3.44 (still need physio lab and anatomy)
TEAS V Score: N/A (still in progress)
Supplemental Criteria: over 100 hours at SFGH (multi-cultural/health-related work), 3 semesters of Spanish (bilingual), and letter of recommendation (if applicable).
Thank you all and I wish all of you the best of luck, may the odds be ever in your favor!
- 3,246 Views
- Jun 15 by yolinessHi there! I still have to take physiology and I am retaking chemistry to bump my grade up from a B to an A lol. I need to take the TEAS still also. I'm a 2nd bachelors student.
Overall GPA: 3.65
Prereq GPA: 3.8
TEAS V Score: N/A
Supplemental Criteria: For health-related work I currently have 210 volunteer hours from various departments that all include patient contact. Currently I am still volunteering in an Emergency Department so I should have at least 60 more hours by the time I submit my application. I was also just hired for a full-time position in a hospital that allows me to make non-clinical contact with patients. I also have 41 hours of multicultural work in an Alzheimer's unit at a nursing home.
- Sep 11 by meganalexis08Hello! Im also applying for Fall of 2014.
TEAS V Score:86.7
Supplemental Criteria: Volunteer hours at UC Davis and Kaiser Permanente
- Sep 18 by nunubieHi!
MY CURRENT STATS:
Overall GPA: 3.86
Prereq GPA: 3.73 (still need physio lab and micro lab)
TEAS V Score: 87.3
Supplemental Criteria: Bilingual. 40 hours tutoring at-risk youth (multicultural experience).
- Oct 3 by milkpearlHi everyone,
Overall GPA: 3.93
Prereq GPA: 4.00 (if this doesn't count nutrition...nutrition is the only class i've ever gotten a B in ;___; )
TEAS V Score: n/a taking it next month
Supplemental Criteria: Bilingual, economically disadvantaged.
Has anyone else noticed that the program went from 3 years previously (from what I last checked earlier this year) to 2 years for the fall of 2014?
Additionally, is anyone else a little worried about SFSU's NCLEX pass rates?...
- Oct 31 by sunsetboulevardHello,
I know this is for the Fall 2013. Congratulations to those who got in and are still in the Program!! I recently got accepted for the Spring of 2014. I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding housing (I am not enrolled for on-campus housing), how the program is, as well as working while attending school. Are you guys going to graduate in two years? When I look online I see 4 semesters. Anything you can tell me about SFSU's BSN program would be awesome! Thank you!
- Nov 14 by yolinessDid anyone else see that they're going to be doing interviews now??