kaplan nursing entrance exam - Page 6Register Today!
- Feb 25, '11 by JenneffereI had the same problem with adding decimals with the calculator until I realized if I entered 0. then the rest it would let me It won't let you add .362 and 1.629 for example, because unless you start the .362 as 0.362 it will calculate it as 362.
- Feb 26, '11 by gatormommyjenneffere
That makes sense. I was so nervous I just said the heck with it and did the decimals on paper.
How does the test calculate critical thinking. I didn't have to take the entire test. I think it said there were 16 questions. I got 11 right but didn't have to answer 3 of them. So I guess I just answered my own question.
I'm happy to help explain the mysterious kaplan test.
- Feb 26, '11 by JenneffereSorry I have a correction. I thought I had only missed 3 on the science, but I missed 4. Really pay attention when answering all the questions. It seems like they average about 5 points each, so that is a lot.
- Mar 28, '11 by tippy77I just recieved my test date of May 23rd and am SUPER nervous. It is do or die at this university...if you do not pass this test it does not matter how high your GPA is. I just bought the study guide and am wondering how many months in advance did most start studying. I am really worried about the math...although I hear its very basic I get math anxiety whenever I take a test and totally blank out. Any suggestions?
- Mar 29, '11 by JenneffereJust study what has been posted here as far as what the math is on the exam. The Kaplan book was not helpful. If you study your A & P and brush up on fractions etc..you should do well. There is way too much information in the Kaplan study guide that isn't even on the exam. I bought my Kaplan study guide in October and started looking through it. I really started studying in January for my exam that was in February. You will waste alot less time if you just go over A&P and math instead. I would say that if you did that and give yourself 3-4 weeks to study those subjects that should be good.
- Apr 10, '11 by goodguyrn2010I appreciate this thread it has been very informative, I wish there was a place where you could get online practice or software to practice for the exam on your computer, especially in the format the actual tests will be.
- Hi I have been following your questions this whole time. Did you do well on the kaplan? Did you get in this spring quarter?? You attend baker right?? I am suppose to take the test in May and would like to talk to you.
- Apr 12, '11 by goodguyrn2010No I am attending now, and will take the test soon, I have some info that may be of use to you, I have figured out a lot about the test itself from others.
- I am with you chazime I am taking it in may as well and the same fears and hearing a thousand and two things HELPPPP!!!!
- Quote from bonnevie13bon please contact me i dont know how to reply in a manner that you will get it ibelieve13thanks to everyone who commented on this thread. i conquered the kaplan on oct 30th....and much of what everyone has written is a good assessment of the format of the test. the math was nothing like the kaplan study guide....fractions/decimal/percentages and about 6 or 7 conversions/calc dosage problems..reading/comp portion was relatively easy...and you can take a break when you feel ready, i would strongly suggest taking your break after the second test, before the writing portion! this section; the writing section; was redundant with the type of questions and i was getting frustrated. at this point i wished i had taken the break before starting this section. the science section:-put it this way ---all and i mean i used many-nursing entrance exam study guides along with the kaplan, plus studied extensively from my class a&p book did not prepare me for the questions/or i should say the type of questions that were on the test. some of them were no brainers if you studied or paid attention in your a&p class, while many of theother questions were-----i don't even know how to describe them----you knew it or didn't/or had to guess. overall i think the mystery of the test, especially because it is relatively new, is worse that the test itself! good luck to anyone who is taking the kaplan.....and i'mkeeping my fingers crossed..hoping that my overall score in addition to my gpa/point system... will be sufficient to be accepted into the program for the spring of 2011......if you can see it, you can be it!