Grand Canyon University Fall '11 HOPEFULLYS!!Register Today!
- by RNicholask Jun 3, '11I just got done applying for GCU's fast track program to start this Fall. I'm hoping I get accepted so that I can start but might have to wait till Spring '12.
Please let me know if you hear anything back from GCU about acceptance or denial
GOOD LUCK to everyone........
- Jun 3, '11 by MrsODemusI have applied and I'm just waitng Hopefully soon!
- Jun 3, '11 by RNicholaskAwesome.
I hope we can both make it!
- Jun 4, '11 by LizzyruGood luck to you both! Which program/location did you apply to? I applied for the part time/PM @ SHC (Shea) location to start this fal. Do either of you know what the first block schedule looks like?
- Jun 5, '11 by RNicholaskI applied to the Grand Canyon daytime position. I have a friend that started the summer program a couple weeks ago and he told me his schedule was something like:
Monday lecture - 8-1
Tuesday lecture - 8-1
Wednesday lecture - 8-1
Thursday - off
Friday clinical - 12 hours
Something to that extent. 4 lecture days and 1 clinical day. The enrollment counselor told me that scottsdale schedule was evenings like 4-9pm daily and 1 12 hours clinical rotation? She also told me that the Glendale location had the most openings so because that was my preference I had a decent chance getting in.
I'm nervous because I applied after the deadline because my enrollment counselor told me they opened up more spots for this fall and that they were accepting apps till end of May now. So hopefully this is true and I have a good shot! =)
- Jun 5, '11 by LizzyruGood luck to you, Nick. I sure hope you get in!
I didn't realize they added more spots which is great. I was afraid the part time/PM program would be more competitive so I will have to see what happens. My alternate is day time fast track but hopefully I won't have to go that route. I have a full time job that I love so I am really hoping I won't have to quit working.
So day program has lectures on M-W and clinical on Friday with TR off? That's really nice! From what I understood, PM program is with lectures on M-R and 12 hr clinical on Sat like you mentioned. I sure wouldn't mind it if lectures were only on M-W and we had Thurs and Fridays off.
Please keep us posted, Nick!
- Jun 5, '11 by MrsODemusI've asked for the main GCU campus/accelerated program. But said I would take whatever I could get. Not sure how many applied vs spots, so I want to make sure to keep my options open.
- Jun 5, '11 by LizzyruGood luck to you, Mrs. O!
I can't remember when the notification for acceptance would be mailed out... any idea? For some reason, I thought it was sometime in mid June but I could be wrong. Please post & let us know if you got in! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us...
- Jun 7, '11 by RNicholaskdid ya'll receive that e-mail today from your enrollment counselor? if not, here it is...
we currently are in the process of finalizing everything with the acceptance process. acceptance results will come out and we’ll know if you’re accepted around the middle of june. we’ll be notifying you of the results from acceptance via email.
should you be accepted we are going to have an orientation meeting to go over the necessary immunization requirements. the date will be june 20th @ 9am over in the college of business (william lecture hall), here on gcu’s main campus at 3300 w. camelback. immunization packets will be passed out and requirements for those immunizations will be reviewed at that time.
we mainly wanted to notify you of the date and to plan on attending if you are accepted.
dude and dudette's.... i'm getting nervous..... anxiety is kicking in a bit :/
i hope we all get in.....
- Jun 7, '11 by MrsODemusGood luck to all! I got the email as well. I have all my shots and stuff already taken care of, since I'm currently working at a hospital and had to have them prior to employment. The hospital is making a copy for me so I can just take everything and hand it in.