Grand Canyon University Fall '11 HOPEFULLYS!! - Page 10Register Today!
- Jun 24, '11 by inspiredRN10NickWahoo! Yay! I am so happy for you! That's awesome! Even though we won't technically be in the SAME class since I am in the East Valley Mesa campus, we are in fast track! Best of luck! I am so excited to start! I wish I could do stuff this summer to get ready!
- Jun 25, '11 by TLK879Great! Thanks! I think I'm going to take Ethics this summer as well then. Right now I'm registered for Statistics and NUR207 and I'm finishing up Nutrition. Is Ethics hard? I'm definately going to try to get into the Fast Track. I think both the Traditional and Fast Track students are in the same classes. I'm not sure. They might have a few due to the number of people. What is your email, if you don't mind me asking? It's a lot easier to talk through email than through here. My email is TLK879@gmail.com. Again, Congrats! Go celebrate this weekend!
- Jun 25, '11 by inspiredRN10I took ethics at rio salado, as an 8 week class. Super easy! All the assignments were papers, so lots of writing but I ended with 100%. Just a thought if gateway is already full or started. Good luck!
- Jun 25, '11 by RNicholaskInspiredrn10,
Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point.
I know I want to get a jump start in reading or something. I have the elsevier nclex-rn exam book and cd so maybe thats a good start. Wahoo
anyone know what color the scrubs are?
- Jun 25, '11 by h9houseCongratulations NickWahoo!!! Possibly purple scrubs??
- Jun 25, '11 by inspiredRN10There is a website. Apparelprousa.com and I guess gcu has a link and that's where we order our stuff. However they said to wait for orientation before you do all that...I think they are a dark purple
- Jun 26, '11 by RNicholaskThanks h9house,
Thanks for that link inspiredrn! yeah.. Looks like "grape" color for scrubs. Can't wait for orientation. Got my stetho ready!
- Jun 27, '11 by TLK879Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew the information on the book that we need for NUR207. I tried to go to the bookstore online today and it isn't working. I was hoping to order it from amazon, but I need the name and author and publishing year, etc. If anyone knows and could tell me, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- Jun 27, '11 by LizzyruCongratulations, Nick! I'm really excited for you! Are you quitting your job while you do NS?
I took my Ethics class @ PVCC. I really enjoyed it. Little did I know, I still have 2 more classes to take... UNV and
Religion. Have you all taken these classes already?? Are they going to take up a lot of time during level 1 & 2??
- Jun 27, '11 by RNicholaskThanks Lizzru!
I'm not quitting my jobs, but I'll def be cutting my hours down to weekends only.
I love both jobs. I'm hoping that at some point during school I can take thr CNA test so I can transfer out of Banner Tbirds pharmacy and into a nursing dept. And as far as CVS pharmacy, my RPH if the coolest guy, one of my if not my best friend. And so working with him on wknds is relaxed and I can keep all my pharmacology knowledge fresh.
I haven't taken the UNV and religion course but I'll be taking them during the 1st blk and 2nd blk. Theyre online I believe so I think itll be okay.
I'm going to call this week to meet and register for fall. Got all my stuff together from the orientation meetin ready to go. Hows everyone else doing?
I honestly can't wait to start. but I'm def enjoying this summer off.