Grand Canyon University - Page 8Register Today!
- Apr 30, '11 by medicine ladyHi, any helpful advice is much appreciated. I am considering attending GCU as a pre-nursing major, but I'm a little concerned about how many pre-nursing students there are versus how many openings they have for fast track and traditional? They have greatly increased enrollment to 4,400 for Fall 2011, and I heard there are 18% pre-nursing majors at their campus or about 800 students. There are only about 300 - 320 BSN spots, so about 40% get in of existing students. How hard is it to get in if you have a 3.3 overall and 3.4 science GPA? Thanks, Medicine Lady.
- May 25, '11 by RNicholaskHi ya'll,
I'm currently applying for the GCU's Fall semester program. I've gotten everything in besides my TEAS V test which I just took today. So crossing my fingers for that.
science gpa: 3.6
overall: 3.2 =(
I'm curious as to if anyone's received information that they've gotten into Fall's program? And if anyone's heard this rumor that they just opened up a lot of spots for fall? I'm hoping this rumor is true so I can start the FAST TRACK program this August.
I'm currently enrolled to take HCR210,HCR240,FON241,COM270 this summer online so that I will have the classes done before Fall begins.
Any info would help!
- May 29, '11 by MrsODemusWell, I guess I'm a bit confused by your post. I have applied as well to the program for fall acceptance. However, I was informed I had to have all my pre-reqs done (including the ones you listed) and have my TEAS info/transcripts to them by May 17 at the very latest as the deadline was May 15 (but since that was a Saturday). Did they tell you you didn't have to have the pre-reqs done and could take them this summer?
- May 29, '11 by RNicholaskYeah! The enrollment counselor informed me they were doubling up enrollment for nursing this fall and as long as I have my prereqs done before fall starts I could get in. But they needed my TEAS and transcripts before may 31st.
- May 30, '11 by inspiredRN10Well ya, I applied for the fall too and my counselor told me the same thing, about getting everything done by May 17. But hey if they are accepting it, good for you! And that's great news they are doubling acceptance!? I hope that is true!! Im so nervous! The summer session found out 3.5 weeks after the application deadline. They applied January 15 and got the acceptance emails around February 10! Hopefully it'll be that quick for us!
- May 30, '11 by RNicholaskThanks! I heard we will here by end of June.
- Jun 11, '11 by AkAtHrtHi on the path! I got accepted into the NAU/maricopa concurrent program! The commute is far but they changed the at still program to a day program anyway. So, I'll still get my BSN with the Community college price tag. So cross my fingers and good luck to everyone!!!!
- Jun 11, '11 by talenea88Hey everyone, silly question...does the GCU campus based traditional program include hands on clinical at a hospital? Which hospital do they work with?! Thank you!
- Jun 13, '11 by LizzyruTalenea88, I see 3rd block students from GCU @ Children's hospital.
- Jun 13, '11 by talenea88Aw yay!! I wanna work at pch!! Lol how do you like it there?!