Georgetown University ONLINE FNP...Register Today!
This is a discussion on Georgetown University ONLINE FNP... in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello All! Is anyone currently enrolled into the FNP online program at Georgetown?? I appreciate...by flower25 Jun 13, '11Hello All!
Is anyone currently enrolled into the FNP online program at Georgetown?? I appreciate any feedback or input on this program. I havent met anyone enrolled in the course yet...and i was a bit nervous about applying...It's a great/prestigious school...and I would like to know more about it from a students perspective before I cough up 78,000 bucks.. . Thanks in advance!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=578317©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 28,622 Views
- Jun 22, '11 by ChristineNFall 2011 will be the very first time Georgetown offers an on-line FNP program, so you won't find anyone who has experienced it yet.
- Jun 22, '11 by flower25oh okay thank you so much!!!
- Jun 22, '11 by NAURNIs there any required campus time??
- Jun 25, '11 by Jasil78K that is just crazy!! The new bubble without a doubt is college tuition.......
- Aug 30, '11 by Carol RNI just got accepted to start Oct 31 and couldn't be more excited.
I started at St Joseph's College of Maine and finished all the core classes (self-paced, loved it) My career had prepared me for leadership, ethics, policy, etc. but I didn't feel prepared to teach myself the core sciences (pharmacology, assessment, physiology). There is no teaching whatsoever, just assignments that are graded. Georgetown has 2 hours of lecture per class every week in addition to all the resources we all already have online. But what really did it for me was that the clinicals at St Joseph's changed several times from 500 hours self-paced to 600 hours, then 680 hours with a cohort over 3 semesters of 15 weeks and you find your own clinical preceptors.
I've joined my states NP association as well as several linked in groups for NP's and there is quite a bit of concern voiced by new grads and the adequacy of their education. I don't want to become certified and feel like I'm faking my way through (which was the way the St Joseph's program was going).
I'm sure Georgetown is not for everyone, but remember there are many employers that offer 20-30K per year loan repayment that you aren't eligible for if you don't have loans. (National Health Service Corp for a start).
I also like that Georgetown arranges the clinical preceptors for me.
- Sep 9, '11 by Fairy dustHey all who are attending Georgetown ....
I won't be able to apply for the fall start so I have some time to get things together but curious..... I work in a hospital so do not work with FNPs. Did u all have a recommendation from one? I just don't see if u shadow a FNP for a day and if they write u a recommendation how it is strong? Just curious...
- Sep 9, '11 by Carol RNI didnt have a recommendation from an NP either.
I got a recommendation from an MD that I worked with and that seemed to work.
- Sep 9, '11 by Fairy dustThanks for the reply! I think their program sounds great, good luck!
- Sep 9, '11 by tucsonashThis is actually not true. The first cohort began in March for FNPs, May for CNMs/WHNPs. I'm in the August cohort for CNMs/WHNPs. Those first students are totally rocking it out.