Georgetown Spring 2011 ABSN applicants - page 7
by ambermulan | 19,895 Views | 93 Comments
I just wanted to start a thread for the Spring 2011 applicants for the ABSN program. I don't know if this is the first time the Gtown is using the nursingCAS or not, but I wanted to hear about everyone else's experience with it.... Read More
- 0Oct 8, '10 by bernbabybern820Quote from calinurse2011i did some math for you.Hi all,
For those who were admitted, could I ask what your stats were?
Undergrad gpa in nutrition: 3.478
community college: 3.2
last 89 credits(mixture of community college & university) : 3.73
last 53 credits(mixture of community college & university): 3.794
I also took A&P1, A&P2, microbio, and a religion class (15 credits total) this past summer and got an A.Last edit by bernbabybern820 on Oct 8, '10
- 0Oct 8, '10 by joe8kippyI've got a BA & MBA. The BA was almost 20 yrs ago, gpa 3.4ish in a completely unrelated field (architecture!). More recently, I've gotten A's in all science & math pre-reqs; nearly all A's on other pre-reqs. I've been volunteering in a hospital for a while, and had some significant (although totally unrelated) sr. management experience.
- 0Oct 11, '10 by ambermulanI'm coming from Arizona. Not quite as cool as Hawaii and So Cal, but I still have the laid back sunshine charm despite all our crazy laws. According to the schedule, we should hear about the scholarships by mid-October, so I would say within the next week or so. I am crossing my fingers for the scholarship. I love the DC area and am super excited about prospect of spending four years there. Congratulations to everyone who got in!
- 0Oct 11, '10 by PokytrokytCongrats to all who were admitted for Spring 2011!
I'm a metro DC native, and now in my 3rd semester of the SDBSN program (non-WHC). If anyone has questions about living in/around DC, feel free to drop me a line or post a ? on my cohort's FB page: Georgetown University Spring 2010 ABSN.
- 0Oct 12, '10 by ambermulanThank you so much for being so open and helpful. I just have a couple of questions. Where do most ABSN students live? Do they live around Georgetown or in different parts of town? Also, is there a way that you can buy sets of nursing books from previous students? Finally, what is the Patho professor like from what you've heard?