Drexel University ACE Program - Fall 2011 - Acceptance Letters & Information
- 0Nov 17, '10 by kmt5069Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter today for Drexel University's ACE program starting in Fall 2011!
Just wondering who else recieved their application decision.... And what everyone plans on doing about financial aid, HOUSING, pre-reqs, etc... & other things you've heard about the program...
I haven't been able to find too much about it in terms of former students, difficulties, likes/dislikes, expectations, etc.. Has anyone else heard anything??
PS: Good luck to everyone who applied! you should be hearing soon!
- 8,243 Visits
- 0Nov 23, '10 by ArdnethThe "packet" is pretty much worthless unfortunately. It is a general admissions packet that contains a couple of brochures (a couple of pages each, one on academics and student life, one on philly, one on co-op), and the form to fill out for your deposit, and a checklist (things like fill out your fasfa, etc). Nothing on the ACE program.
- 2Nov 24, '10 by hiddencatRNQuote from kmt5069Really? There are a TON of threads on AN about the ACE program, criticisms, advice, experiences, etc. You can check out my post history, and also augustrain has some great details on the program.I haven't been able to find too much about it in terms of former students, difficulties, likes/dislikes, expectations, etc.. Has anyone else heard anything??
- 0Nov 29, '10 by sorajiSome more info for you guys:
According to the acceptance packet we have 60 days from the time we receive it to send in our $500 deposit to hold our spot.
I'm starting to think I might pass on Drexel in favor of La Salle due to costs. We didn't receive a full cost breakdown, but I'm guessing tuition alone will be $40k. Each semester it seems the cost goes up by a couple thousand dollars.
And I know Drexel does not give any grants/scholarships. The entirity of the financial burden is on you and loans. How are you guys paying for this?
- 0Nov 29, '10 by ArdnethMine will be paid with mostly by loans. Drexel does not offer scholarships for the ACE program and because it is a second undergraduate degree, it is not eligible for most of the federal grants like the Pell. The nice thing is that that because the 11 months is broken up over 2 years (fall of 2011 and spring of 2012), it will actually be 2 FASFAs.
What I'm most curious about and will be inquiring about is the whole FASFA situation. The reason is that aid is based on your previous year's income tax return since they use that to approximate your current year's projected income. Does Drexel do a reevaluation of financial need once they get the federal package. My income is very high this year since I have a well paying job. However, come next summer my income will be exactly zero since I will not be working during the ACE program.
- 0Nov 30, '10 by XLFordUm...as far as I can remember...there is no financial aid from Drexel. The only thing you will get with FAFSA is the Stafford loans, and that is it. Unless, you were lucky enough to obtain a scholarship from somewhere...
And there is a wealth of information on this site from past ACErs, though...the more I read, the more I wonder if I had attended the same program as some of them. Don't believe everything you read, and go in with an open mind. Ultimately, their goal is the same as yours, to get you to pass the HESI and sit for that NCLEX.
- 0Nov 30, '10 by hiddencatRNQuote from XLFordYeah- I was a Fall start so had one FAFSA but from what I've heard from the Spring starts, you still only get the stafford loans, same total amount as the Fall start. I had private loans for the rest, minus what I was able to save over a year towards tuition.Um...as far as I can remember...there is no financial aid from Drexel. The only thing you will get with FAFSA is the Stafford loans, and that is it. Unless, you were lucky enough to obtain a scholarship from somewhere...