Drexel University ACE Program - Fall 2011 - Acceptance Letters & Information - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 30, '10 by sorajiDo you think the costs of the tuition were worth it in the end? Honestly 40-50k for 11 months is pretty intense. I just want to make sure you feel it was worth it.
- Nov 30, '10 by hiddencatRNQuote from ItsaroadIt is a lot of money, but I've seen accelerated programs cost much, much more.Do you think the costs of the tuition were worth it in the end? Honestly 40-50k for 11 months is pretty intense. I just want to make sure you feel it was worth it.
As to whether it's worth it...I don't think that's a decision anyone can make for you. I'm married and my husband works, so for me, going to Drexel meant only taking out money for tuition, not living expenses. For many of my classmates, it meant taking out money to live on as well. I am still carrying loans from my first degree- some of my classmates came in to the program with their previous degree paid off. Heck, some of my classmates had rich parents who were willing to pay for the program!
For me personally, I am glad I decided to go to Drexel and get the BSN in one year rather than spending two years and 10% of the same tuition to get an associates degree. It definitely made me uneasy to make that financial commitment, but I think I got a good education.
- Dec 1, '10 by soraji^ Yeah that's intense! I'm glad you think it was worth it. Just the thought of quitting my comfortable, lucrative day job and taking out that much money to go back to school scares me. I think I just need to take the plunge though!
I'm still debating between Drexel ACE vs La Salle's ACHIEVE programs. (>_<) Not much time left to decide.
- Feb 1, '11 by readynowDrexel Admissions has just sent me an e-mail that a letter with the decision on my acceptance has been made, and that I can check the "Discover Drexel" portal in the meantime. It says that I've been accepted to Fall 2011, yea!! I'm unclear, though: The portal does correctly acknowledge that I would be entering as an ACE BSN student, but, is there a separate acceptance process by the ACE department? The portal shows that I have no incomplete items, and as far as I know, all of my prereqs are completed. I do not want to annoy Admissions with a phone call when just waiting for snail mail might answer this question. Is it too early to be excited? Am I in ACE, or just in Drexel??? :uhoh21:
- Mar 30, '11 by jnlynndeHi hiddencatRN,
Do you have any advice for incoming ACE students? What is your opinion on the students who didn't make it thru the program? Were they not cut out for an accelerated program or did they not apply themselves? What are your thoughts? I'm still waiting to hear if I'm accepted into the Fall 2011 program.