Drexel University ACE Spring 2010 - Page 6Register Today!
- May 29, '09 by BibaBibaalol you really have no intentions to leave them alone until you hold that letter in your hands haha…I don’t blame you, I would be the same way if I didn’t receive mine already. One thing about Drexel is that they are not too strict with admissions (I don’t know if that’s good or bad), but I’ll be very surprised if they deny you. Just hang in there, you’ll get it.
I’m from Bulgaria…
- May 29, '09 by CocoBellyHaha, well I just get worried bc although my name is very unsual, for some reason, there's always issues with it. There is one girl in Philadelphia who has my name, and we keep crossing paths. When I was working in advertising, I worked with a staffing agency who mixed up my whole file with this other chick's bc she's a graphic designer. So today I talked to someone at Drexel about my application and they were like "oh yeah here's your file, were you a graphic design major?" and i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Apparently they mixed my file up with hers again at Drexel too. (Now I know she went to Drexel!) But it's all under control now, so they say, they gave me a new ID number, and apparently my transcripts and application will be reviewed today and I should recieve a letter in 2 weeks.
I would LOVE to go to Bulgaria.
- May 31, '09 by BibaBibaaWOW, that would upset me quite a bit! Good Luck!! I hope finally everything is straight and you receive your letter soon…
- Jun 1, '09 by lhtanyuHi-
I just received my provisional acceptance to the Drexel ACE program (pending on completion of the prerequisite - I actually just filed my FAFSA last week - does anyone know how long it takes for the financial aid package to arrive? Thanx.
- Jun 2, '09 by BibaBibaaCongrats lhtanyu!...how many more prerequisites do you have to complete? It shouldn’t take too long before you receive your award letter…a few weeks may be. I received mine before I received my admission letter, but I filed my FAFSA before I applied sooo...don't worry you’ll get it soon.
Are you from NJ by any chance? Are you going to Drexel for sure?
- Jun 2, '09 by lhtanyuI'm actually from the Philadelphia area- I moved here two years ago to do graduate work but have found it unsatisfactory and just recently decided to switch to nursing. I'm definitely going to drexel- i'm just worried about the financial aid package...
- Jun 2, '09 by CocoBellyCongrats lhtanyu! What were you doing before your switch?
- Jun 2, '09 by BibaBibaaYeah lhtanyu...I don't want to disappoint you, I don't know what your financial situation is, but I wouldn't hope for a lot of money because it's a second degree. I'm worried about how I'm going to pay for it too. If I decide to go to Drexel (or any other school) I'll have to take private loans...I have never done this before and I don't know how it works...I'm not sure how easy it is to get the money...
- Jun 5, '09 by CocoBellySo, I talked to Tina at Drexel and I've got the word on my status.
Basically, I have a seat for Spring, but I am on "hold" because i NEED an A in the current class I'm taking to be fully accepted into the program. My undergrad GPA was too low and with my additional A's, it brought my GPA up to just over a 3.0. They want to make sure I'm solid in my sciences, so I'll have to send them updated transcripts once this summer session is over.
I'm taking A&P II right now its incredibly rough as it's just a 7 week course instead of 15, my teacher is the department head, and she is also an MD and treats us like med students! we're all clueless. So I'm nervous about this.
- Jun 5, '09 by BibaBibaaI took A&PII and Micro last summer back to back, so I perfectly understand what you mean. It wasn’t easy but I managed to get A’s in both…plus, in my college the summer classes are only 5 weeks long …you just have to study and you’ll be fine! Are you taking another class in Summer II session in case you don’t get an A in A&P? I’m taking Statistics right now and even though I have very strong background in math and science, I find it kind of hard to take this class in such a short period of time…