DeSales ACCESS Evening/Weekend Program
- 0Apr 5, '13 by cocoisisHello All,
I'm new to this site and I'm currently looking for schools with evening/weekend BSN programs. I was wondering if anyone out there is currently attending or has graduated from DeSales' ACCESS Evening/Weekend program. If so, how would you rate it? Any advice?
Thanks for your time!
- 0Apr 5, '13 by duke1158Hi there,
I'm in the Access program for nursing major. I'm currently working on my prerequisites, but next fall I will start the nursing classes. The instructors are great, and I don't feel as though I'm treated any differently than the daytime students. I highly recommend the school and the program. The price is excellent too!
- 0Apr 6, '13 by duke1158I think the evening classes start after 6pm. I almost always take my classes on Saturdays or online just because of the way my schedule is. The course schedule on the website for Access is current, that could give you a better idea of class times. The access program is able to accept most of the nursing students who apply as long as they meet the requirements. They also just opened a brand new building for the health sciences, which is awesome. I hope this helps
- 0Apr 23, '13 by BernR6Hey everyone,
I'm currently amidst the application process for DeSales' - evening/weekend program. I've heard good things about the program. In my conversations with the admissions counselor, it appears that classes are two nights a week and then the clinicals are on the weekend. Supposedly the weekend day is determined by wherever we are in the schedule. I was told that it could be one day every weekend for the semester or even a whole weekend, but every other one. Im down to my last pre req (organic chem) which I'm taking in May. Thankfully, I have everything else completed. Unfortunately I haven't received any info as far as acceptance or a decision. I think the next step is the interview though. So we'll see. I have my fingers crosses that everything works out. I'll start this fall if it does. Good luck with the admissions process!
- 0Aug 20, '13 by duke1158Quote from carabelsClinicals are held at Lehigh Valley and St. Luke's as far as I know. I think they try to work with you as far as location and driving distance.Hi Duke1158,
I was accepted to the Access Program as well. I have a few more prerequisites to finish before starting the nursing classes next fall. Maybe we will be in a few classes together. Do you know where the clinicals are held?