Oklahoma City University's Fall 2010 Acceptance? - page 2
by RonnieNichelle RN | 8,463 Views | 31 Comments
Hello all...I'm fairly new to this site and I finally figured out how to post messages..Yay!!...:yeah:...Anyway, I received a phone call today stating I've been accepted into Oklahoma City University's fall 2010 BSN program..How... Read More
- 0Jul 21, '10 by RonnieNichelle RNGoodmorning Sayra...I can't send private messages yet because I have less than 15 post...I'm not going to mention any of the Professors names, but I will tell you that taking Anatomy and Physiology at OSU-OKC is not easy, but managable..As far as Anatomy goes, there's a lot of studying involved and I recommend you go to all of the open labs...Anatomy at OSU-OKC has a lecture and a lab portion...The crazy thing about that is the classes don't match...You'll be learning one thing in lecture and learning something totally different in lab, but when you think about it it all comes together some point in time...You get 2 different teachers for the lecture and lab...I'll just say this, study study study...For me, lab was a lot easier than the lecture...That depends totally on the person...I got a D the first time I took Anatomy...But took it again the following summer and got a B...It was a lot easier for me the second time because I learned a lot the first time...Some people have taken it 3+ times, I think that's due to not studying like they should...I believe you can pass the first time...I think I failed the first time because I took it with Physiology and other classes...(Trying to rush)
As far as Physiology goes...The lab was easier than the lecture, as well...lol...I had the same Professor for the lab and lecture so that made it easier for me...The labs in Physiology were fun to me too...The lecture portion requires a lot of studying and critical thinking...We were given 2 take home test (in lecture) and the first one was so hard I didn't think I would pass it, but the 2nd test was a breath of fresh air...The tests in the lab were a piece of cake...seriously..We knew what to study and everything...I got a B the first time taking it...My Professor for Anatomy lecture and Physiology is the head of the entire science Dept at OSU-OKC...Hopefully that will give you a heads up of who I'm talking about...
As for both classes, even if you make a low grade in one portion and a higher grade in the other, your grade should balance out giving you hope of passing...If you decide to take those classes at OSU don't be nervious or anything...It's not as bad as people may say..It can be done...I see you've already taken Mirco and Chem...If you did that and passed you can do this...And in my opinion, Anatomy and Physio is a lot easier than Micro and Chem......Sorry so long...lol...
- 0Jul 21, '10 by SayraThanks you soooo much for that information. I forgot about the min. posts in order to PM...I really appreciate you taking the time to reply back with all of that wonderful information!! I would be so lost without this networking site. I can't wait to start nursing school and pass along my experiences with everyone here to "pay it forward" and hopefully help other pre-nursing students like myself.
Thanks for the encouragement! Micro and Chem weren't fun but weren't terrible so that makes me feel better about A&P!
- 0Jul 24, '10 by hopeful_27hi! I was also accepted into OCU for august as well. I got the scholarship but how did you get the work study option? Also I am at total loss of how to come up with the funds! I just received my fee bill and it's 14,680.00! I talked to a financial aid counselor and he said that I will probably have to pull a private loan from a private institution for this. I will be relocating to oklahoma and i know that my total cost of living, tuition, etc will be about $ 85,000. I just do not know what to do? Someone please help me, I have never applied for a loan before so i have no idea where to start. any suggestions would be awesome!
- 0Jul 28, '10 by hopeful_27Hi someone sent me a PM regarding my tuition bill. Sorry I can not respond through PM because I am new The fee bill I received was for the traditional program not the rn to bsn. The amount was only for the semester not for the entire program. I will be graduating in May 2012, meaning that I will be paying ~ 60k ( 4 semesters) in tuition only. Not including books, equipments, uniform, housing, etc. Golly how I wish that amount was for the entire program!! BTW I would love to meet everyone before class begins. Does anyone have a facebook setup for c/o 2012?
- 0Jul 29, '10 by RonnieNichelle RNHello Hopeful 27..I will be attending OCU this fall as well...I wasn't going to attend OCU because the cost was so high, but I received a phone call from the Associate Dean of KSN...She told me if they offer me a special benefits package will I reconsider my decision...She had me talk to a woman I think in the Fin aid office...She offered me work study, a transfer scholarship, and a perkins loan on top of my other loans and grants...She told me in order to keep my benefits I have to maintain my 3.0 GPA...I recommend you contact the Associate Dean of KSN to see what they can do to help you...I know your situation...They have many options you can choose from...
- 0Oct 19, '10 by lolothecaggiehi hopeful... i don't know if you will see this post because your last post was in julyish... but I too plan on attending okcu this spring semester in the accelerated program. I'm actually visiting the campus this thursday so that I can get some questions answered. I am curious about the scholarships. Did you get one? and I saw one scholarship that would pay tuition but you had to commit to working a hospital in Ok for 2 years. Do you know anything more about that. Also.... how are classes going? Is there anything different about the program that you didn't expect?
- 0Oct 20, '10 by hopeful_27Quote from lolothecaggieHi! Got the message through my email so yup received it! Well I only received one scholarship and it was the one with the $ 500 per semester, I believed that I could have gotten more if I tried but in the end I was too stressed out with moving and everything else going on. When you visit the campus on Thursday, make sure you speak to Dr. ******, she will definitely help you any way she can on getting extra scholarships. Make sure you tell her that you are very interested in the program but the only problem is that financially you're a little hesitant. She will try all means to get you the help you need financially. I am unsure about any work study, but I have heard many students doing this.hi hopeful... i don't know if you will see this post because your last post was in julyish... but I too plan on attending okcu this spring semester in the accelerated program. I'm actually visiting the campus this thursday so that I can get some questions answered. I am curious about the scholarships. Did you get one? and I saw one scholarship that would pay tuition but you had to commit to working a hospital in Ok for 2 years. Do you know anything more about that. Also.... how are classes going? Is there anything different about the program that you didn't expect?
Initially I was very hesitant applying to this school because of all the bad reviews on here but after attending, I really like this school. The professors are really helpful, they try to help you as much as they can.
Classes are going pretty well for me so far but then again it's only been two months. You have to keep up though or you will fall way behind. It's pretty intense but if you're fully committed you will do well. Just one thing though, if you make a 74.9, you fail the course. What I really like about this program is that you can always make an appointment with your professor and they will take their time out and explain every little detail that you do not understand in class. They do not rush you out and will answer any questions you have. I stayed with one professor for over an hour. Everyone is really nice and you will feel at ease.
We have clinical orientation this Thursday from 8-12 at the Meinder's business building. You can always grab one of us after our orientation and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Good luck!Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Oct 20, '10 : Reason: contact name removed as per Terms of service