Nursing 4600 Excellence Spring 2013 Session 2 - page 12
by EmJeanRN 27,398 Views | 144 Comments
The syllabus for this class was emailed yesterday. Most non-clinical assignments are DB items. Clinical looks fairly straightforward that culminates in a research paper. These are not clinicals in the classical sense of the word.... Read More
- 0Apr 10, '13 by EmJeanRNGosh...that sounds rough Moving Forward...sorry to hear about all that. My TA was very fair. But, my TA in Ethics not so much. I would be more than frustrated if I was you. Hopefully things can turn around. I am afraid of failing Business Communication because of un submitted assignments. At least I can get a C in that class.
- 0Apr 10, '13 by michelemybellQuote from MovingForward2012If you write to the assistant dean RZ let me know. I'm curious to see how you do. I got nowhere with her. Hang in there. Post here with any questions. We watch each others back!I have been busting my butt to do these assignments. I have the TA from hell that does not have a problem taking off 6-8 points for an assignment. I am failing the class. My TA said no one else has a problem with their grades. DUH! apparently everyone else is getting good grades. Some of my misfortune is my fault. I posted before the class started since they put the class up early. I did not know blackboard was going to dock my assignment as late. Her point "did anyone tell you to post early? Did anyone say I couldn't? Is there something wrong with being an over achiever? She said she has posted comments on my papers, well then why do I not see them? I am so sick and tired of people taking advantage b/c we are in a popular field. Do you go to a restaurant and expect good service? It is your money paying for after all. Colleges think they are doing us a favor. Aren't we the customer? Don't we pay their salaries! I am not asking for something for nothing. I work my ass off for my grades and I get graded harshly? It is all BS. I will be writing the dean and hell will freeze over before I attend OU for my masters!
- 0Apr 10, '13 by DidiRN GuideQuote from michelemybellI read constant complaints about the program on there. Is there another FB page or something?I'm amazed at how many people love this program and praise it on facebook. Is it me?
PS. yeah I read a thread on there just now, I bet that's the one you meant. And I agree with you, I'm amazed too.Last edit by DidiRN on Apr 10, '13
- 0Apr 10, '13 by EmJeanRNI just got my final grade back for 4600 and received an A. I was more than happy. I was very lucky with the TA I received. I have one B+ so far in Ethics and that grade was dependent on a group discussion board. I had no control over other peoples contribution...yet, I paid the price. I was so angry at the time. That was last year. I wrote to the professor and got NO response. That B+ still irritates me everytime I see it because I worked harder in that class than any other trying to salvage a GROUP project!!! GRRRRR.
- 1Apr 11, '13 by MovingForward2012I was going to my masters at OU. Now they are telling me I need 2 more pre-reqs on top of the 6 I already took. So I have to fight them on top of dealing with the point Nazi in excellence. I agree. I am done with OU
after this degree and I will never recommend it to anyone. You don't learn crap and have to deal with inconsistent BS. I heard the NP program was the same.
Quote from michelemybellI'm amazed at how many people love this program and praise it on facebook. Is it me?
- 0Apr 11, '13 by MovingForward2012AMEN and thank you. I will keep fighting them.
Quote from mom2boys12Hang in there and keep on talking, hopefully SOMEONE will listen!!! It is very frustrating when ONE TA can ruin the whole class for you!!!!!!!!!! Talk about professionalism and leadership styles!!!!!!! They need to learn what they teach!!!!!
- 0Apr 11, '13 by michelemybellI have talked 3 coworkers out of going to OU....not worth the aggravation IMO. The MSN program is fairly new so it might be a mess!! Keep me posted on your fight....I totally lost mine,lol. Those people on FB who love it are new to the program. Just wait until they take the first quiz and get a 60! Hang in!!
- 0Apr 12, '13 by MovingForward2012I just got my grade back from Week 2 ICP. I failed again. I am clearly meeting the objectives. I personally think that since blackboard screwed me over the first week by not posting what I pasted in to it, that I stuck out like a sore thumb to the TA in section 84 since she did not see anything I posted other than a blank page. I guess she feels the need to pick on some one to make it look like she is doing her job! I called the Prof. on Tuesday with no call back. I e-mailed her today.
I asked for help with DB 3 before I posted to see if it met her objectives, she replies she doesn't have time! Seriously! What kind of help is that. Just tells me she doesn't give a crap!
is anyone on here in section 84 getting huge points taken off their assignments? I had 11 points deducted for last ICP and 6 points for last DB.
Michelle you did your co-workers a favor.