Gerontology….Who has or is taking this class soon???
- 0Who's taking it winter 2? Have you gotten your book? Are you buying or renting?
Also, if you have taken it, any advice?
- 29,660 Visits
- 0I have already taken Gerontology. I recommend watching the dvd Tuesdays with Morrie first and then using the book to reference for assignments. I borrowed the book from my local library. During my course I was very frustrated with the quizzes. It seemed like some of the questions were not from the assigned material for the week. I got my worst quiz grades ever in this class.Last edit by KOUStudent on Jan 11, '12 : Reason: wrong word
- 0I had 4 quizzes for grades. There were never any study guides. The only advice was to use the guiding questions for each module when studying. I don't know what advice to give about studying. I was never able to find the answers to some questions. I complained about the quizzes in the final evaluation for the class.
- 0You also have to have a person over the age of 70 to use for at least 2 assignments. I used my mother-in-law. It was easy to write about someone I know personally and I could talk to her any time. At one point we had to read a sad poem to our elderly person and then write about it. I didn't like that assignment. Tuesdays with Morrie is also very sad.
- 0Jan 12, '12 by rocket2010I took Gerontology, I hated it, but I hate geriatrics...
You have to read and/or watch Tuesdays with Morrie and you have to write a reflection..
Here was my breakdown from the course:
Writing Assignments (3 @ 50 Points Each) 150 Points (44%)
Writing Assignment (1 @ 10 points) 10 Points (3%)
Writing Assignment (1 @ 90 points) 90 Points (26%)
Quizzes (4 @ 10 Points Each) 40 Points (12%)
Discussion Participation (5 @ 10 Points Each) 50 Points (15%)
Total Points 340 Points (100%)