Gerontology….Who has or is taking this class soon???Register Today!
- by deltaroxxy2 Jan 11, '12Who's taking it winter 2? Have you gotten your book? Are you buying or renting?
Also, if you have taken it, any advice?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=660839©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 21,132 Views
- Jan 11, '12 by stephparmI am taking it next 5 weeks with research (I think - I will be renting the book from bookrenter............ what about you? I am so psyched - last class starts in March!!!
- Jan 11, '12 by deltaroxxy2Steph..Will you be totally done after the class you take in March…I'm chanting April 28!!!
I'll rent unless I find a cheaper international version to buy.
- I have already taken Gerontology. I recommend watching the dvd Tuesdays with Morrie first and then using the book to reference for assignments. I borrowed the book from my local library. During my course I was very frustrated with the quizzes. It seemed like some of the questions were not from the assigned material for the week. I got my worst quiz grades ever in this class.Last edit by KOUStudent on Jan 11, '12 : Reason: wrong word
- I also recommend that you start reading the book in advance if possible. For my course it was necessary to read the whole book.
- Jan 11, '12 by deltaroxxy2Thanks for the tip. How many quizzes? DId thy give a study guide? I've read the book, but will read again to refresh my memory.
- I had 4 quizzes for grades. There were never any study guides. The only advice was to use the guiding questions for each module when studying. I don't know what advice to give about studying. I was never able to find the answers to some questions. I complained about the quizzes in the final evaluation for the class.
- You also have to have a person over the age of 70 to use for at least 2 assignments. I used my mother-in-law. It was easy to write about someone I know personally and I could talk to her any time. At one point we had to read a sad poem to our elderly person and then write about it. I didn't like that assignment. Tuesdays with Morrie is also very sad.
- Jan 12, '12 by rninmeGreat - lol. This is my next class. Don't like it already!
- Jan 12, '12 by rocket2010I took Gerontology, I hated it, but I hate geriatrics...
You have to read and/or watch Tuesdays with Morrie and you have to write a reflection..
Here was my breakdown from the course:
Writing Assignments (3 @ 50 Points Each) 150 Points (44%)
Writing Assignment (1 @ 10 points) 10 Points (3%)
Writing Assignment (1 @ 90 points) 90 Points (26%)
Quizzes (4 @ 10 Points Each) 40 Points (12%)
Discussion Participation (5 @ 10 Points Each) 50 Points (15%)
Total Points 340 Points (100%)