Fall 12 NRSE 4520 Assessment and Promotion - page 48
Anyone else taking Assessment for Fall third session? Suggestions from anyone who has taken it already?... Read More
- 0Nov 30, '12 by koolmaditzQuote from rowdy-piperI did the case study but not sure how they correspond, the women's subjective and objective data has nothing to do with my client!! Was a little confused about the instructions..... Did well on week 3s assessment, 100% on all assignments that week except the objectives got dinged 2 pts for not using SMARTI took a break from the week 4 assessment and peeked at week 5. It looks like our narrative summary for week 5 assessment comes from the case study patient...heads up to those of you who did not purchase the case studies. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
- 0Nov 30, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from RachelR81There are 2 forms, one is a focused health history form, the other is the assessment form. You have to copy one after the other in the same document and submit both as one document. Also add the narrative at the end.SO... I have 2 separate form popped up on Microsoft Word. I'm annoyed. They both have blanks at the beginning for info to be filled in and then a completed example in the next half. I don't know of i'm using both or if I'm using one. I'm currently sitting at my kitchen table drinking coffee, in a complete daze.
I've had to email her 3 times about my grades and she's had to change 3 assignment grades because she's missed things on my stuff.
I plan to BS my way though it like have everything else.
My TA finally responded to my question re the "diagram". My question was " Is this diagram something we should have available to refer to as we do the assessment, or is it something to add in the assignment and submit. she said
"You should be able to find something online to use and point out if there are any abnormalities".
So does it look like she answered my question? NOT.... I guess I will look for a diagram and do a copy paste into the assignment. Why do these darn assignments have to be so unclear?
Frustrating to say the least!Last edit by cincinursemary on Nov 30, '12 : Reason: changed answered to responded to , b/c she sure didn't answer my question
- 0Nov 30, '12 by SmoothOperatorRNQuote from rowdy-piperI think you're correct. I asked the TA a question about that in the week 4 Q&A but she would not answer me. Said that we will discuss it on Sunday. God forbid we get ahead!I took a break from the week 4 assessment and peeked at week 5. It looks like our narrative summary for week 5 assessment comes from the case study patient...heads up to those of you who did not purchase the case studies. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
- 0Dec 1, '12 by SmoothOperatorRNQuote from cincinursemaryI did the same thing. I went through the samples and took out all of their mistakes, poor spelling, etc., and cleaned it up. I noticed there were two parts for posterior thorax. I will be glad when this class is completed!I just noticed that on the Thoracic Exam form, the posterior thorax exam is on the form twice. I deleted it. Brings it down to 7 pages long.
- 0Dec 1, '12 by jones2012I questioned whether or not we had to use the forms for the week 4 assessment at all....it does not state to use them in the directions or in the rubric. The response from my TA: "I grade by the rubric"....sooo, I am NOT using the forms!! If I get dinged for not using them I will refer back to the rubric, and fight it...I'm with you guys, this is the worst class so far!!