Anyone use an iPad for the program?Register Today!
- by kayarm213 Mar 25, '12I just got an iPad mainly to use for school. I have a laptop but the battery is dead so I can't take it any where to use it that doesn't have a plug. We have a desktop in the office I can use as well if I need to write a paper. Thought I could use the iPad for discussion boards, reading, taking notes, etc. I guess I'm just concerned because you can't use flash player for videos the prof posts and I'm not exactly sure of any other limitations.So...anyone use an iPad and like it for school?Thanks!
- 684 Views
- Mar 26, '12 by boyfactoryYou will need to download a new browser to use the website successfully. It doesn't let you scroll down past the top discussion entries or open the navigation on the left easily otherwise.
- Mar 27, '12 by chucksterFor me, the biggest limitation of the the iPad for the use you describe is word processing. I'm used to the standard-sized QWERTY keyboard and find using the iPad touchscreen a bit challenging to type on. This can be remedied with an accessory keyboard device device, but of course that adds bulk and to some extent defeat the original purpose of the iPad. Not sure what word-processing apps are available but this could also be a limitation. While the iPad's display is excellent for video, it's not as good as an e-reader like the Kindle for text.
I love my iPad but I think a laptop is a better device for for note taking and word-processing. I know that you said your existing laptop needs a battery which could be costly if you buy from the OEM. Have you looked on-line for an independent replacement battery? You may be surprised - there are often pretty reasonably priced alternatives available.
- Mar 30, '12 by rocket2010Quote from boyfactoryhave you downloaded one? if so which one? my biggest limitation was that things dont load from epic, such as quizzes some DBs etcYou will need to download a new browser to use the website successfully. It doesn't let you scroll down past the top discussion entries or open the navigation on the left easily otherwise.
- Mar 30, '12 by kayarm213I have. One is called swifter which I like better than the other one called photon. They aren't as fast as a regular browser but it gets the job done if your only choice is the iPad. Keep me posted if you find a better one!!