STNA Pay?Register Today!
- by amp83 Feb 6, '09Hello. I am going to school for a practical nursing degree. I have a job interview Monday at a nursing home for a STNA position. They offer training, but because I am going to school to be a nurse, I can opt out of it. I was just wondering what the average pay for an STNA around Akron/Canton is? I don't expect to get rich working as an STNA, but I have a small family to support and just wondering if its possible. (I will get all this info from the interview in a couple days, but I am curious now.)
Thank you in advance!
- Feb 6, '09 by Alyssa9Hi! I previously spoke with a nursing home in Medina, they told me they paid nursing students and STNA's, about $10 per hour. Most offer shift diff. so you could get some extra pay by working 3rds. Let us know what happens!
- Feb 6, '09 by amp83Thank you for your reply. I will let you know.
- Apr 30, '09 by Capt_Syd......
- Jul 21, '09 by pca_85The highest I've found is harborside healthcare. 14.50 for prn aides on weekends.
- Jul 22, '09 by barleany78The place I'm at in Cuyahoga Falls pays $8.50 until you pass your state test, then it's $9.75 for first shift, $10.75 for 2nd and 3rd.
- Jul 22, '09 by Hoping2BNurseBarleany78: I think I know which place you are talking about in Cuyahoga Falls. I went there to fill out the application and was considering the STNA classes through them, but found out they don't do the classes there. The classes are taught in North Canton. I think I would prefer to start in the hospital system doing anything.
- Jul 22, '09 by barleany78The place I"m at now does classes (I'm actually still in class...just started this week). I would love to go to a hospital after. Ugh, already I'm hearing crazy stories about the job and people working here. I didn't realize you could work in a hospital though!