PSI or Toledo School of NursingRegister Today!
- by Sirena922 Apr 18, '07For anyone that might know in the Ohio area, which school is the best, PSI or Toledo School of Practical Nursing? I'm from Detroit, MI and was doing some research, I'm even going to PSI on Friday @ 10 am for a informational meeting. They don't want to give much information over the phone, especially TSPN. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- 7,248 Views
- May 4, '07 by DR2004RNI work in Toledo and have never heard of The Toledo School Of Practical Nursing. However, I would say go to both schools and check them out and see which one you like best. Are you thinking of relocating to this area? Owens Community College in Perrysburg, Ohio also has an LPN program. Good luck to you!
- May 4, '07 by studentRobI go to the TSPN. It is a OK school. I graduate in September.
- May 4, '07 by Sirena922StudentRob, did you have to have a CNA license already? And how much is they're program?
- May 4, '07 by studentRobThey say that you have to be a CNA but if you are not there is a class you can take there before you actually begin the LPN Program. I have been a STNA for like 10 years so I didn't have to worry about that.
If you live in Ohio the entire program is $9,000
If you live in Michigan I think it is $10,000.
Hope this helps
- May 5, '07 by Sirena922Thanks Rob, I'll have to check them out to and compare the 3 choices that are in Ohio. That will be PSI, TSPN and Brown Mackie which has a class starting every month. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how things are going for you.
- May 24, '07 by renerianMy son is considering PSI but I did not realize Owens had an LPN program. I knew about the bridge program and ADN program. I will have to tell him about that. Thanks.
- Feb 12, '08 by porkey2Was wondering what school you decided to go to.
- Mar 19, '08 by UnequaledbeautyHello,
I currently live in FL and I am in the lottery for a LPN program here. However, due to my house going into foreclosure I may be forced to relocate and we are looking into moving to Toledo, OH. I have contacted both PSI and TSPN-- and received information in the mail...
Are there any updates about either program from any members of the forum? I heard some say TSPN is great while others say it is just OK. Same with PSI...
Does anyone have any additional comments?
Does anyone attend L-Owens Community College or have heard anything about their program?