Access LPN-RN no wait list Fall 11'!!!Register Today!
- by cLmPdN Apr 6, '11I just found out that I was accepted into the LorainCCC access lpn-rn program! Only problem is there are only five applicants!!!!!!!! This program is partially online and a little slower pace so people can still work. Anyone interested should apply!
- Apr 12, '11 by Lee J AWhat are the prereqs? I will finish all requirements at TriC this summer. The lpn to rn starts at Spring 2012 and they only have an evening weekend class.
- Apr 13, '11 by cLmPdNhttp://www.lorainccc.edu/Academic+Di.../LPN+to+RN.htm
Check out the website. Also there is no enterance test, and the college 101 class won't apply to you. All of my tri-c credits transfered no problem. A lot of the course work is online which is very nice, a friend of mine is in the program now and likes it a lot. The counselor's name is Eddie Hensen.
- Apr 13, '11 by Lee J AThanks for the info. Some of the prereqs are different, and I wouldn't be able to start in fall because I would need stats, sociology and A&P. Its hard working during the day and trying to get all these prereqs done on-line or in the evenings. This semester I could only take 2 classes because I'm taking Chem 1010 and Intermediate Algebra, both hard classes and I really wanted to take A&P as well but that would have been too much. We'll see how it goes, I'll keep plugging away and when I'm through with the prereqs I'll go where I can start the soonest. I am also looking into Kent. You are lucky to start this fall!!!
- Aug 4, '11 by sgeh13I just applied today and was told that most likely I'll be accepted for this fall! I was also looking into Tri-C and was pretty discouraged to find out that science classes "expire" after 7 years and that I would have to retake at least one of them. You said you have a friend who is in the program? Do you know then if they are all day classes? About how much is online?
- Quote from sgeh13I just applied today and was told that most likely I'll be accepted for this fall! I was also looking into Tri-C and was pretty discouraged to find out that science classes "expire" after 7 years and that I would have to retake at least one of them. You said you have a friend who is in the program? Do you know then if they are all day classes? About how much is online?
Well the first semster is pretty much online. The second semester is 8 weeks class and clinicals then the rest online. The summer semester is all online. The fall and spring are I think like 2-3 days a week. Not to bad. I hope to see you on Wed 8/24. It's our first meeting
- Aug 9, '11 by Lee J AWhat is bio 121? micro? and do you have to take that nursing 101 prior to entrance into the program?
- No the nursing 101 is the only class for fall once ur already in the program. It's 3 credits. The sciences are chem1 and chem2, a&p1 and a&o2, and microbiology.
- Aug 9, '11 by Lee J ADoes the LPN to Rn program only start in Fall? I am really interested because with all the on-line classes I can still work. I just applied at Tri-C and I can't start the LCCC program until I finish A&P and Micro this semester. I took Chem 1&2 already and all the psychs... so if they have a program in spring I may apply.
- Oh I thought u said they would except u this fall? I know they really need people so I would talk with the director of the program. They do not have anything for spring.