I'm absolutely ECSTATIC!!!!Register Today!
- by SoonToBeRN2013 Nov 21, '11Hi all, I'm a 3rd semester RN student and my life long dream is to work in L&D. I have an interview tomorrow for a nursing assistant position at the local hospital in the birthing center. Any tips on what the interview would be like and what questions I should be prepared for??? I thank you all in advance. I'm a mother of four, and you lovely OB nurses have inspired me tobecomea nurse. Did I say IM SO EXCITED!!!!!o
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=644649©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,702 Views
- Nov 22, '11 by fashionistaRNCongrats on the interview! I'm sure you will ace it!
When I interviewed for a tech position (it wasn't OB), they asked me why I wanted to work in that particular hospital; what are my strengths and weakness; how did I handle conflict/stress. They also asked about normal ranges of VS and what to do if VS are abnormal (tell the RN).
Since you are in nursing school, I'm sure the questions will be a breeze. Just be confident in yourself and honest! Good luck!
- Nov 22, '11 by cacentralvalleyCongrats!!! Please post back and let us know how it goes. I'm so excited for you! Happy thoughts and positive energy flowing your way.
- Nov 22, '11 by nursedanicaCongrats and good luck to your interview! Be confident okay?
- Nov 22, '11 by DutchRN09You could share how much you would learn working as a tach, and how it would help you both in nursing school and as a nurse, since you would be able to understand a broader picture and know what it is like to work as a tech
- Nov 22, '11 by Jael11Check out this video on youtube. It's about roughly 8 mins long and provides a lot of insight as to what can be expected in an interview for a nursing position.
Good luck, and I was just recently excepted into a nursing program to start in the spring. I'm so excited and I can't wait.
- Nov 22, '11 by SoonToBeRN2013Thanks all. I have my interview in 1 1/2 and I'm so nervous. What r some questions I should ask them??? Thanks so much and I will let u know how it goes!!!!
- Nov 22, '11 by SaraStrongAwesome! How'd it go?
- Nov 24, '11 by SoonToBeRN2013I think the interview went really well. I interviewed with HR first and then the NM of the birthing center. I really think they liked me. I even got to sit with some of the other techs at the desk and they explained to me what they do all day! I hope I made a good impression. I made sure they knew that I was really interested in L&D now and when I officially become an RN. Now it's just the waiting game. I sent her an email thanking her again. She said I should know within the next couple weeks!!!! Praying for an early Christmas Gift....cross ur fingers!!!!
- Nov 24, '11 by SoonToBeRN2013And the interview was at 1:30 and I didnt leave there until 3:00. Is this a good thing?? I'm hoping!!!! Happy Thanksgiving All!!!