C over c

  1. 0
    I keep hearing docs refer to vaginal exams as c over c. What does this mean?

    Get the hottest topics every week!

    Subscribe to our free Nursing Insights newsletter.

  2. 5 Comments...

  3. 0
    Do you mean SVE? (sterile vaginal exam). Or, there's an SSE (sterile speculum exam). Never heard of C over C before.
  4. 0
    I've never heard of this before. Are you seeing C/C in writing? Sometimes you will see C/C/0, C/C/+1 etc and it means completely dilated/completely effaced/zero station (etc). I have never heard this terminology used in conversation though.
  5. 0
    In a SVE...it makes sense as completly dilated/completely effaced/0 station...thanks!
  6. 0
    Weird, I've never heard that before. Usually we just say "complete" or if you live on the East Coast, "fully"

    For effacement, we never write "C." Instead, we write C/100/whatever. Or "C/P" if she's pushing
  7. 0
    Why don't you ask the doctor next time? Because now I'm curious!

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.

A Big Thank You To Our Sponsors