One thing I'd wish I'd known before going to the USA...... - Page 15Register Today!
- Oct 24, '06 by english_nurseQuote from SueIPnice schedule!!!We do self scheduling and up to now it has been honoured. What I try to do every month is get at least a 6 night break once a month which means I use my vacation time for when I have been called off. This month I have had 2 x 6 night breaks and next month I have one 8 night break(I work the first 3 nights of one week and the last 3 nights of the 2nd week).....the beauty of working 3 x 12 hour night shifts!!!!
- Oct 26, '06 by chrissy51Thanks RGN 1 and best of luck Mine seems to be at a standstill ! One Question - what is retrogression?
- Oct 27, '06 by Silverdragon102Quote from chrissy51There are a few threads in the international forum about retrogression but basically at the moment visas have run out and at the moment there are no movements for everyone. Countries with high demand will be affected the most and countries with less demand should run a bit quicker. Because elections are coming up in the US nothing about visas will be sortd until the new year at the earliest.Thanks RGN 1 and best of luck Mine seems to be at a standstill ! One Question - what is retrogression?
Hope this helps
- Oct 27, '06 by chrissy51Aha that explains that one - thankyou . Just wish I could get things through more quickly - have a hubby in the US and am missing him like crazy
- Nov 3, '06 by CCURNYes, we could complain about the lack of vacation time in the USA, but in the state of MN, or at least at the hospital I work at, most of the RN's work 4 days a week, I only know of 2 RN's on our unit who work full time, so I think that if you take that into account then the lack of vacation time doesnt really matter. Of course that doesnt take into account all the other professions etc.
The number one question that I wish I had known is : How bad does the home sickness get....I have been in the states 8 years, and it doesnt get any better, expecially around the hoildays.......