hi everyone! i'm a eu citizen, recently graduated (2011)from nursing school and i'm planning to move in the uk within the next 1-2 years. i've browsed through nhs jobs and seen posts advertised as suitable for newly qualified, but i wonder how likely is it to get a nursing job in the uk as a non uk, newly qualified nurse with very limited experience. maybe getting a job in the private sector would be easier? here is my cv:
2007-2011 abc university of city1-department of nursing (grade: 8.33/10, “very good”)
2004-2007 1st high school of city2(grade: 18.1/20, “excellent”)
clinical experience-clinical placement
4/10/2011-10/5/2012 i served in the xyz battalion as a nurse. main duties:
· nursing care of the infirmary patients- all routes of drug adminstration
· doctor assistance in physical examination
· new privates’ vaccinations (meningitis and tetanus shots)
· basic first aid teaching (heimlich maneuver, treating simple injuries e.t.c.)
15/3/2011-17/5/2011 clinical placement in the surgical ward of “blahblah childrens hospital”.
· familiarization with the surgical department and drug calculations according to the children weight
excellent teamwork with medical and nursing staff
continual professional education
· clinical seminar: “electroacupuncture according to voll”. 10th nursing students conference. 8-10/4/2011.
· critical care and emergency nursing: guidelines. 26-27/9/2010.
· clinical seminar: “metabolic drug interactions: clinically important drug interactions in various metabolic systems of the organism”. 9thnursing students conference. 16-18/4/2010.
· clinical seminar: “newer antibiotics: mechanism of action, antimicrobial actions spectrum, clinical indications, resistance mechanisms, adverse effects”. 9th nursing students conference. 16-18/4/2010.
english: proficient communication, london tests of english, university of westminster
british council ielts academic: 8
1. computer practice and file management
2. word processing
4. internet applications
-volunteer blood donor
available upon request
i know it is quite simple but my experience is very limited too.
lastly, do nurses also need covering letters to apply for jobs?
thanks a lot!