irish student here

  1. 0 Hi,

    I'm an Irish student nurse and as I'm sure those in the UK know that a lot of Irish student nurses are emigrating to the UK to work post qualifying here in Ireland. I'll have a degree in general nursing. However, I really really want to be a childrens nurse. I've tried googling how a RGN can become a RCN in the UK however I can't find anything! Is there anyway a newly qualified general nurse can work in a paediatric hospital and be trained on the job, if so what hospitals offer this? If not, is there any course I can do? If so how much does this cost? I'm young and I want to get as much done as I can while Im young! Please help!!!
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest, discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  butterfly134} profile page

    About butterfly134

    Joined Jun '11; Posts: 190; Likes: 105.

    4 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  Silverdragon102} profile page
    There is an 18 month top up course you can do for Paeds but usually requires you to have employer and support of employer
  5. Visit  butterfly134} profile page
    im aware that there are courses like that in Ireland too however, I feel like I will probably have to emigrate. Canada isn't looking to great but I know the UK are definitely taking in new irish grads. Do you know what hospitals/colleges offer these courses?
  6. Visit  Silverdragon102} profile page
    Courses are run by universities but not sure who do them
  7. Visit  skylark} profile page
    I would suggest working ER for a while, you get to work with kids and its usually the most helpful dept for sponsoring ped courses for that reason.
    Most i worked in would offer 2 -3 RSCN places a year. yes i know that's old terminology but i guess the training is still there under a new name!

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.