Please Help me with Tonicity of IV FluidsRegister Today!
- by Dhingli Apr 19Hello Friends,
How are you all doing?
I am confused about the tonicity in IV solutions. In this, I specially get more confused in when to use D5W, 1/2 NS, D5 1/2 NS, and D5 NS?
Thank you all for your help!
- Apr 19 by DhingliHello friends,
How are you all doing?
I am so confused about the tonicity of IV solutions. :-( Please help me...
Thank you for you're help!!!
- Apr 19 by RLtinkerThat is kind of a complicated question, but this may help.
Nursing: A closer look at I.V. fluids. (includes related article on fluid deficit and fluid overload)
All of the fluids you mentioned above are in there.
- Apr 20 by JustBeachyNurseduplicate threads merged and consolidated in nursing student assistance forum.
- Apr 20 by Esme12
- Chart of Commonly Transfused Blood Products.doc (29.0 KB, 22 views)
- IVchart.pdf (33.1 KB, 24 views)
- Table of Commonly Used IV Solutions.doc (36.0 KB, 26 views)
Check out this thread.....http://allnurses.com/nursing-student...ng-824534.html
I have given you several resources and IVF charts that will help you.Almost all circulatory shock states require large-volume IV fluid replacement, as does severe intravascular volume depletion (eg, due to diarrhea or heatstroke). Intravascular volume deficiency is acutely compensated for by vasoconstriction, followed over hours by migration of fluid from the extravascular compartment to the intravascular compartment, maintaining circulating volume at the expense of total body water. However, this compensation is overwhelmed after major losses. See Fluid Metabolism for maintenance fluid requirement discussion, and see Dehydration and Fluid Therapy in Children for mild dehydration discussion.http://www.anwresidency.com/students.../IVF_lytes.pdf
Choice of resuscitation fluid depends on the cause of the deficit.Intravenous Fluid Resuscitation: Shock and Fluid Resuscitation: Merck Manual Professional
not that I am a big wiki fan...this is pretty good.
Intravenous therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Third-spacing: Where has all the fluid gone?
- May 2 by DhingliThank you all for helping me and making me understand this concept. I truly appreciate your help!!!