Pertinent Labs for a pt. with a DVTRegister Today!
- by mrsamjones Feb 26My nursing school requires us to do a client profile on 2 people in our clinicals. I am doing one on a pt. with a DVT and a hx of kidney transplant. I know the obvious labs to include are platelet, PTT, INR, BUN, Creatinine, and the major electrolytes. I would also include an radiology images and consults as well. What others would you guys suggest that I add? FYI I also have to put the significance of the results to the client's condition, a DVT, as well as why are they being repeated.
Thanks for the advice in advance. I am having a major malfunction in my brain from this part of the profile. I feel like there are other tests that I am missing.
- Feb 26 by Esme12Welcome to An! The largest online nursing community!
We will help with home work but we want to see what you have first. What does your text say. Is this a real patient?
Medscape is a great source ....it requires registration but it is FREE!!!!! Google is your friend
Diagnostic Work-up for VTE - Medscape
Deep Venous Thrombosis Workup medscape
DIAGNOSTIC WORKUP OF PATIENTS PRESENTING WITH DVT
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT): Tests and diagnosis - MayoClinic.com
- Feb 27 by GrnTeaI think you've hit the high points just fine. Now, figure out why the tests get repeated periodically-- what are they checking on? (hint: any therapies being applied? what is the usual course of treatment for DVT?)
- Feb 28 by mrsamjonesThis profile is on a real person so I was concerned about what would be appropriate and inappropriate to post up on here. I think I have everything together though. Thanks for the advice!
- Feb 28 by mrsamjonesThey didn't do one strangely enough. I suppose the patient's admission of being immobile for nine days was enough for them to do a doppler of the leg. Honestly the site of the DVT is hard to dismiss as being anything but a DVT