Nursing DiagnosisRegister Today!
- by spope9lpn Jun 23, '11I really need help with a nursing diagnosis. I am writing diagnosis for the movie Losing Isaiah if anyone is familiar with the movie. I wanted to write a diagnoses about drug use while breast feeding. It seemed to easy to come up with, but then I started over thinking, is it:
Knowledge deficit r/t breastfeeding AEB drug use during breastfeeding
Knowledge deficit r/t drug abuse AEB use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
(and it I write it this way is it r/t drug use or risks of drug use???)
LOL! I am so confused, and I'm making it harder than what it is, but please help???
- Jun 23, '11 by ScottE,RNThe correct way to write a knowledge deficit diagnosis is
Knowledge deficit + what the deficit is r/t (whatever it's related to) AEB whatever evidence there is.
For example in your case it would be Knowledge deficit breastfeeding r/t lack of exposure to teaching AEB drug use while breastfeeding infant.
- Jun 24, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNThis movie gives some good psych social dx. examples. I always liked to think out of the norms with stuff like this. Unless it specifically said you have to have this or that.
- Jun 27, '11 by 1969ineffective coping r/t (laymans explanation) aeb (objective, factual info)
if I recall the movie correctly:
altered family process?
knowlege deficit ?
- Jun 30, '11 by GrnTearead defining characteristics and consider:
parental role conflict
ineffective role performance
risk for disturbed maternal/fetal dyad
ineffective health maintenance
ineffective family therapeutic regimen maintenance
ineffective infant feeding pattern
chronic low self-esteem
caregiver role strain
(for the baby) ineffective airway/gas exchange
risk for injury
risk for poisoning
risk for impaired airway clearance
risk for aspiration