Need a Full Functional Health Pattern Assessment example please!
- 0Jul 24, '07 by kcocatHi!
I'm supposed to do a complete Functional Health Pattern Assessment on my hubby, come up with 4 strengths and weaknesses (total, not each) then from that create a prioritized nursing dx and create a careplan from that.
I'm good on the careplan part - but not the functional assessment part. She didn't give us an example, and I'm the type that is a visual learner, so I REALLY, REALLY need to see an example of a completed one.
I've googled this and come up empty, and didn't see it under the assessment sticky here, so I'm at a loss...
I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this!
- 1Jul 24, '07 by Daytonitea care plan is totally dependent on the assessment that you do. the assessment forms the foundation of the problems you find in your patients. nursing diagnoses are determined by the abnormal assessment data (symptoms) you find in your patient (in this case your hubby), not upon a medical diagnosis (i swear i'm going to have that tattooed on my forehead). the steps of the nursing process (care plan) are:
the steps of the nursing process (written care plan)
so, your assessment is the most important thing you need to be doing in starting this entire process. from your assessment you pick out any abnormal data that then forms the basis for the nursing diagnoses you will pick. these abnormal data items must match with the defining characteristics (symptoms) that are listed under the nursing diagnoses you might decide upon. for clarification, please see the many posts about this on:
- assessment (collect data)
- nursing diagnosis (group your assessment data, shop and match your abnormal assessment data to likely nursing diagnoses, decide on the nursing diagnosis to use)
- planning (write measurable goals/outcomes and nursing interventions)
- implementation (initiate the care plan)
- evaluation (determine if goals/outcomes have been met)
in so far as a health assessment, you will find sample assessment forms on this sticky:
- http://allnurses.com/forums/f205/des...ns-170689.html - desperately need help with careplans (in nursing student assistance forum)
- http://allnurses.com/forums/f50/care...-121128-7.html - careplans help please! (with the r\t and aeb) (in general nursing student discussion forum)
- http://allnurses.com/forums/f205/hea...ms-145091.html - health assessment resources, techniques, and forms (in nursing student assistance forum)
- 1Jul 25, '07 by VickyRN Asst. Adminhttp://www.delmarlearning.com/companions/content/0766822257/apps/appb2.pdf
excellent resource and example! j
(select a chapter, beginning with chapter 13, then choose “functional health pattern assessment” in left side bar.) examples:
- 0Jul 4, '11 by jay_janyone here ever tried completing a Baccalaureate Equivalency Table? I'm having a hard time coming up with a scenario I can use for the Physical Assessment part. Can anyone help me? You may PM me anytime. I would greatly appreciate it.Last edit by jay_j on Jul 4, '11 : Reason: privacy