Listing the differences between Abilify and ClozapineRegister Today!
- by truckinusa Apr 1I have some of the similarities, but I'm not sure why they are different. I'm also not sure what they are looking for on my assignment. Says compare and contrast so that tells me similarities and differences, but not what kind.
- Apr 2 by Esme12Look up Abilify......
Look up Clozapine ......
Then look up compare clozapine and Abilify
It is the analytical skills that your teachers are looking for you to develop. They want you to develop that part of the brain used for critical thinking and decision making.
Make a list and compare them.....develop your thoughts using that information......exactly what your school wants is up to your school. I would ask a classmate of your instructor
- Apr 2 by GrnTeaYou will be looking up medications for the rest of your working life, especially in the first 5 or so years of practice. This assignment is to get you started with those skills. So.... what did you find out? Tell us!
- Apr 4 by hodgieRNPay attention to the mechanism of action, uses, pharmacokenetics, half-life, and how they are eliminated. Think of it as 2 different drugs for 2 different people. Both have a specific way of affecting the brain and both cause different symptoms and side effect. Ask why they are being used, and find out which drug is going to positively affect their lives... aka....what's the end game? They are taking this drug for what? How will the pt get better after taking this drug. Does the drug react in the way the doc wants.? These drugs are prescribed to treat a medical diagnosis. How do you know if the drug has been effective? (evaluation)
- Apr 4 by mariebaileyLet me give you an example. As you have probably learned, there are positive & negative symptoms associated with the disorders these drugs treat, such as hallucinations & anhedonia, respectively. Clozapine works well on the positive Sx, but not so well on the negative Sx. I believe abilify has more efficacy when it comes to treating the negative Sx.