What bag would you recommend?Register Today!
- by touchick156 Aug 12, '12I'm starting nursing school and I wanted to get some advice on which backpack would be best. Ones with or without wheels. I was interested in the zuca bag, but would prefer some feedback about someone who has used it. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance!
- Aug 12, '12 by GitanoRNFirst of all, Congratulations for pursuing your goal. Nowadays there are so many backpacks to choose from therefore, here's a link of some of the backpacks that I have seeing our nursing students with, during their clinical... Aloha~
- Aug 12, '12 by DesireeRN2011Congratulations on setting out to pursue your goal! It takes a lot of work and dedication but you can do it!
Me personally? I would not want to have a bag with wheels on it. It might be useful for school hours (classes, studying at school etc) but I would not want a wheeled backpack for clinicals. I'm very particular - my work shoes do not come in my house. So, that rules out a backpack that rolls on the same floor as work shoes would. But that is just me. I'm particular like that I generally used a large tote bag (canvas/Vera Bradley, something of the like) for school and clinicals. Whether you go with a bag with wheels or not I would suggest getting something as sturdy as possibly - those books and binders and tons of notes can beat a bag up. So either make the investment for something of good quality or plan to buy several lower quality bags over the course of time. Hope this helps some
- Aug 13, '12 by UofTexasI like any from LLBean....they are great quality and last forever
- Aug 13, '12 by touchick156I'm planning on having a regular like tote bag for my clinicals, but I'm in search for one for daily use. Im going to have a lot of books and am looking for a bag that will withstand all that weight and use.
- Aug 13, '12 by aachavezI'm using a medium tote bag for clinicals, I don't need to take much with me there. For class I got a laptop bag that would fit a book, binder and my laptop and it was great for pre-reqs, but now I'm finding that I'm carrying more and more, and wish I had a rolling bag. My classmates are one by one getting rolling bags becuase there is so much to carry. Thirty-one gifts has a great utility tote with lots of pockets for organization that I might get.
- Aug 18, '12 by airwayguruMaxpedition has some great bags that are great for nursing school. They are able to carry alot. I would also go REI or some type of camping store and get a basic day hiking pack.