Stethoscope and ear pluggingRegister Today!
- by niko1999 Sep 28, '09Well, the title says it all. I have a Sprague Prestige stethoscope, and those I wish I could hear a little better with it, I was wondering what to do with the problem of it plugging up my ears, therefore making EVERYTHING inaudible. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just special? I plan on buying a better one later on, but I would like to be able to listen for more than five seconds before my ears plug up! BTW, I have noticed this happening with other stethoscopes as well....
- Sep 28, '09 by TheSquireYou have the prongs facing anteriorly, right?
- Sep 29, '09 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Nursing stethoscope forum
- Sep 29, '09 by mortei am not sure what you are actually asking, but if i am guessing correctly you should probably see an ENT...
- Sep 29, '09 by D.R.A.Yes, I do have the same problem. We must have small ear canals, lol. Have you tried replacing the earpieces with the spongy ones? Someone in my class suggested that, she said they worked better for her.
- Sep 29, '09 by niko1999Hearing is perfect lol. After being silly for a bit, I did switch the prongs to face the proper way, but it still plugged up my ears. I think maybe I should try the spongy ones......Thanks!