Scrub tops that don't show cleavage
- 0May 7, '13 by Ele123In January I had to buy a scrub top for clinicals and had the choice between Cherokee Workwear Women's V-neck or rounded neck with a slit in the middle. The uniform saleswoman suggested I got the rounded neck w/ slit because she thought it would sit higher. I've made it through all semester with my scrub top clipped closed with my badge and paper clips and constantly pulling my tank top up and it was a nuisance. Without doing so, my breasts start to show and if I bend over, their obvious. The problem is that I'm short and thin with a small upper body, so shirts and the bottom of the "v" fall lower on me. My instructor gave me permission to buy a top that fits me as long as it is in a similar style. Do you know of any scrub tops that have a smaller "v" or higher neckline? Maybe a brand of high cut tank tops/camis?
- 0May 7, '13 by LetsGoMets31I'm a fan of Old Navy's Perfect Tanks. I love the way they fit! They're tight enough under my scrub tops that they aren't bulky, don't need to be adjusted much, and are plenty long enough to keep my lower back from hanging out when I bend over. You could easily tuck them in as well. Good luck!
- 0May 11, '13 by WeepingAngelI think the Urbane Scrubs crossover top sits pretty high up.
Scrubs - Urbane Scrubs Classic Cross Over Scrub Top | Lydias Scrubs and Nursing Uniforms
- 0May 12, '13 by Ele123Thanks for the ideas, I'll check into those stops to see if they have them in the right color. Since we are allowed to wear a white shirt underneath, I had the idea of cutting a piece of a white cami and sewing it into the top so I wouldn't have to worry about it sliding down.
- 0May 12, '13 by PalmHarborMomMy daughter has the same problem. She's 5'1 and I'm 5'8. If she wore my scrubs, she would have more than cleavage showing. She likes the Grey's Anatomy scrubs and wears the petite sizes. It seems that all of the petite tops adjust the size of the V to be proportionate with a petite body. If possible, go to a uniform store that carries petite so you can try them on.
Good Luck on your search for scrubs that fit!
- 0May 12, '13 by Baubo516I am a bigger chested girl, and even if I wear a tank top, I still show cleavage when bending over. My solution has been to wear the tank top backwards! The back is always higher than the front, but it still looks good under scrubs. Just make sure it is a tagless tank and that the words inside don't show through so much. Then you can wear whatever scrub top you want.