Question for Koi WearersRegister Today!
- by DLRN312 Jun 18, '08Hello-
I have heard great things about Koi and am about to try them for myself, but have a question. Do the 100% cotton tops shrink with laundering or are they pre-shrunk? I am using their size chart to determine size to order, as several of you have commented that you wear a larger size in Koi (probably due to junior sizing), but didn't know if I need to allow for shrinkage. I am so excited to get and wear my Koi scrubs and don't want to have to exchange them for size or pay for additional shipping to send them back. Any help that you can provide, would be greatly appreciated!!
- Jun 23, '08 by arciedeeI have one of the 100% cotton tops and it seems to be about the same size before and after it went in the wash.
- Jul 2, '08 by FabulousGirlI love the Koi brand as well, but they do run really small. I bought mine one size over, thinking it would be enough, but it was still too small. Ah well, all the more incentive to lose weight, I guess. The pants are extremely comfy though.
- Jul 18, '08 by squee-geeDefinitely need to buy at least 1-2 sizes larger than usual, unless you are a teeny-tiny 18 year old. This is my only complaint about the company - I love the styles and the fabric is super comfy. They advertise as being "junior fit" - not sure why, but there you are. Good news is they don't seem to shrink at all.
- Jul 20, '08 by NikkiRN_BSNI like to try things on so I shop in store rather than online. I have several of the tops and I just bought some pants. I need the pants to shrink a little so I threw those in the dryer and I am crossing my fingers. I have been warned, every time I purchase Koi, not to dry the tops because they will shrink. That being said I did dry one on accident and it seems to be ok.
- Jul 20, '08 by PICNICRNI LOVE this brand! To answer your question, I agree that they do run on the smaller size(maybe just true to size and not bigger like other brands). I have found that their size chart is right on. That being said, I NEVER dry my Koi scrubs in the drier and I have found no shrinkage or fading.
- Jul 27, '08 by missninaRNMine haven't shrunk so much that they don't fit. I just have to use a steam iron to stretch them back to the original size.
I wear a medium in Urbane so I ordered large in the Koi scrubs because I had heard that they run small, but they were huge and I ended up trading them for mediums.
My only complaint is that the tall pants aren't very long. They seem more like an average inseam to me.
- Oct 12, '08 by newohiornMy actual Koi scrub top didn't shrink but I bought the one that came with a long-sleeved shirt underneath and that long-sleeved shirt shrunk to about Barbie sized when I laundered it.
- Oct 17, '08 by momtojoshOMG!! I love this brand!! I have 6 pairs of the cargo scrubs......umm..funny...i thought they ran big.......i have sm p and they are still sory of baggy.....and i am not a small....hehe.......love the tops too........
- Oct 18, '08 by quetepyeI'm with momtojosh on this one - I wear a S-M but the cargo pants? LOVE them but even the XS is a little baggy. As for the tops? Some fit fine and some fit tiny. I'm wondering if the brand just isn't consistent? The styles are just too cute though...