My feet hurt. help?Register Today!
This is a discussion on My feet hurt. help? in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... Hi guys, I am not a nurse but I do want to be one, one day. I work in a well known retail store and...by Reminisce Jul 16, '11Hi guys, I am not a nurse but I do want to be one, one day. I work in a well known retail store and I am on my feet for 4 - 8 hours a day, after the long shift I drive home and when I get out of the car I walk funny to the door because I am not able to walk right, then usually in the night, after I get out of my bed about a hour or so after work my ankles hurt too like they are going to break along with my feet. I am not used to being on my feet much, I been working at this job for about 6 weeks, is this normal? will it go away? is there something I can do to help this go away? I ask this because you are all nurses and are on your feet a lot too. is it my shoes? any response would be appreciated. thanks everyone
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=591899©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,576 Views
- Jul 16, '11 by diva rnIt could be your shoes but if you are wearing comfortable shoes and not 5" Christian LeBoutians to work in, then you may try going to a podiatrist for an evaluation. He may want to try a pair of custom orthotics. Many people swear by them and can't work without them once they get used to them....just a thought.
- Jul 16, '11 by OhmyimgoingtobeaRNI'm sorry diva rn I don't want to be rude but you spelled Louboutin Incorrectly possibly it was a typo for you
- Jul 16, '11 by OhmyimgoingtobeaRNAnd yes it's normal for your feet to hurt starting a new job that demands you to be on your feet. as diva rn stated check your shoes do you have anything comfortable. What I would do come in with nice shoes and when your feet start to hurt change to a more comfortable shoe do this a lot you will train your feet to stay in heels longer
- Jul 16, '11 by diva rnQuote from OhmyimgoingtobeaRNI'm sorry diva rn I don't want to be rude but you spelled Louboutin Incorrectly possibly it was a typo for you
Whoops, you're right.......should have looked at the box....actually, I don't have any, they are too narrow for me but fun to look at. I'm more of a Jimmy Choo sandal girl
- Jul 17, '11 by OhmyimgoingtobeaRNLike diva like Jimmy choo are cute to Alexander McQueen are really out of this world sometimes though lol
- Jul 17, '11 by OhmyimgoingtobeaRNI heard dansko are comfortable
- Jul 17, '11 by srna28Danskos are great...once you break them in they're the most comfortable shoes.
- Sep 2, '11 by ReminisceHi guys, thank you all who have posted, I just wanted to update everyone. after changing shoes, the problem went away. I am happy to report that my feet feel great after work.
- Sep 3, '11 by JennyNurse2BWhat kind of shoes did you end up with?