Throwing my resume up for critique because I can't seem to get any call backs - I've sent perhaps about a dozen job applications over the past couple of months and nothing! As a bit of background, I'm an RN living in Ontario, Canada. I've been applying to other hospitals in a variety of med-surg settings.
Obviously, all personal information was removed and the formatting didn't translate too well from Microsoft Word to here so I've edited the formatting/font/sizes a bit to give you the gist of what's emphasized (such as headings/subheadings). Altogether, it fits into a single page.
Registered Nurse, Medical-Oncology unit, [Hospital Name],
- To obtain a position as a registered nurse in an acute medical-surgical setting.
Health Care Aide, [LTC Facility Name],
- Provided care and appropriate nursing interventions for clients with a wide variety of medical diagnoses, such as cancer, acute and chronic renal failure, complications of diabetes, complex wounds, and more.
April 2008-August 2008 & April 2009-November 2009
- Assisted residents in performing activities of daily living.
- Registered Nurse of good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Gentle Persuasive Approach
- Chemotherapy administration
- Administration of blood products (packed red blood cells, platelets, albumin, IVIg)
- Management and access of venous access devices, including peripheral IVs, PICCs, Hickman catheters, and Port-a-Caths
- Management and removal of chest tubes
- Complex wound care
- Pain management, including patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) and epidurals
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN) and NG/PEG tube feeds
- Administration of oral and parenteral chemotherapy
[City], Ontario, class of 2010
- Obtained Bachelor's of Nursing Science degree summa cum laude
- Dean's Honour List, 2006-2007 & 2008-2009
, [City], Ontario, class of 2006
References available upon request.